Beware of the Herries Rd "80p man"

Yeah, it's crap. If u wanna give money on the street, think about the working girls, at least they're selling something LOL

Yeah, it's crap. If u wanna give money on the street, think about the working girls, at least they're selling something LOL

But it's only 80p we're talking about :o

Yeah, agreed, you wouldn't get much for that LOL

I had this guy approach me yesterday evening on the bottom of Rutland Road.

He was in a black car as a passenger. He is bold and stocky and very loud. He hung out of the car window and flagged me down asked if I had 80p then reduced it to 40p. I told him that I had just finished work and don't carry money.

No it's not. It's 80p per gullible punter......which in a day might add up to quite a lot. The working girls should get together and kick his ass back to Penis Tone (LOL) or wherever.....

Just got scammed by a guy (same one?) today, Tues Oct 14, in Sheffield city centre - on St James' Street, behind Lloyds Bank on Church St.

I was driving when he flagged me down and said his car was parked along the way but wouldn't start. He didn't want a parking fine but was 80p short of a parking ticket. I was suspicious but, thinking the best of people, coughed up... though I did ask him where his car was. "Just at the end there." When he walked off down the side of the Cathedral, I drove round on to Campo Lane and saw him disappearing along Hartshead Square towards Angel Street. Traffic meant I couldn't follow - hey-ho.

So if a shortish, fat-ish, balding guy (in my case he was wearing a mid-brown leather-type jacket, black trousers and walked with a limp) asks you for money... tell him you're reporting him to the police. Which I did nearby. And the officer couldn't much care less that a conman was operating on Sheffield's streets, even if taking only small amounts of cash.

Found this on Google-

Excuse me Mrs, can you spare us eighty pee,

My car’s broke down on me!

It’s a bit embarrassing I know,

But I’ve got to call a tow,

Excuse me Mr, can you come with me?

Officer, I was just asking for eighty pee,

You’re under arrest,

You’ve been causing distress,

Making people feel uncomfortable,

Preying on the weak and the vulnerable,

And for the sake of eighty pee,

Sir please follow me.

Beware!

A man fitting the description in post 66, was asking people for 80p today in the car park on the site of the old/new fire station on the corner of Carver St. At first, I thought he just needed change and offered him some, but he said he was 80p short. I refused and said that I thought he was a scammer. As I was leaving the car park, I looked back and saw someone giving him money, when I later returned to the car park, I reported him to the car park attendant.

Just got scammed by a guy (same one?) today, Tues Oct 14, in Sheffield city centre - on St James' Street, behind Lloyds Bank on Church St.

I was driving when he flagged me down and said his car was parked along the way but wouldn't start. He didn't want a parking fine but was 80p short of a parking ticket. I was suspicious but, thinking the best of people, coughed up... though I did ask him where his car was. "Just at the end there." When he walked off down the side of the Cathedral, I drove round on to Campo Lane and saw him disappearing along Hartshead Square towards Angel Street. Traffic meant I couldn't follow - hey-ho.

So if a shortish, fat-ish, balding guy (in my case he was wearing a mid-brown leather-type jacket, black trousers and walked with a limp) asks you for money... tell him you're reporting him to the police. Which I did nearby. And the officer couldn't much care less that a conman was operating on Sheffield's streets, even if taking only small amounts of cash.

I was approached on Saturday on Herries Road by the same guy, he was wearing a blue checked coat. He was actually quite rude in asking. Just said Oi have you got 80p spare I can have. Talk about cheak!

Well done Susie

Hope you dont mind

Just phoned 101 and suggested to the PC that they take a look at this thread.

Unfortunately unaware of previous reports. The last time the PC was aware and knew him as the 80p conman

Your Calver St report has been given the Incident Number 993

Did you get a good description?

Its about time he was stopped

---------- Post added 15-12-2014 at 20:43 ----------

I was approached on Saturday on Herries Road by the same guy, he was wearing a blue checked coat. He was actually quite rude in asking. Just said Oi have you got 80p spare I can have. Talk about cheak!

Ring 101 quote incident number 993 and mention this thread