Great CITY of SHEFFIELD .

We were told by the self regarding city councilors that the World Student Games was a 'world class event'. A cigar for anyone that can tell me which cities subsequent games have been held in.

We're still paying for their ego trip.

Buffalo, Fukuoka, Sicily, Palma de Mallorca, Beijing, Daegu, Izmir, Bangkok, Belgrade, Shenzhen, Kazan. :D

Buffalo, Fukuoka, Sicily, Palma de Mallorca, Beijing, Daegu, Izmir, Bangkok, Belgrade, Shenzhen, Kazan. :D

You're a whiz at googling. :)

Cigar available from Councilor Peter Price.

You're a whiz at googling. :)

Cigar available from Councilor Peter Price.

Well you didn't say Googling wasn't allowed..... :) I know what you meant though....the games aren't exactly high profile...I can't remember seeing anything about any of them except the financial issues in Sheffield..

Sorry MM but sheffield is a shadow of its former self and will never recover its former glory,all that went with the industries.As you have posted the past of the city is great but thats gone.I am sheffield born and bred and love to get home but the future doesn't look great for the city.

A lot of industry, particularly heavy industry, has gone. but as I found while thumbing through a Sheffield Chamber Of Commerce magazine, there is a surprising amount of industry left in Sheffield.

What gives me hope for Sheffield going forward though is the growing tech/IT industries in the city.

How do you know people moaning from here are from sheffield or reside in city? Some are and some of not, so what's your point?

In most cases you can tell where they are from by reading their location under their user name. In other cases you can tell by reading their posts.

---------- Post added 26-06-2014 at 20:29 ----------

We were told by the self regarding city councilors that the World Student Games was a 'world class event'. A cigar for anyone that can tell me which cities subsequent games have been held in.

We're still paying for their ego trip.

Yet still the same councillors win elections. Why don't people vote for someone else if they're that unhappy with the council?

In most cases you can tell where they are from by reading their location under their user name. In other cases you can tell by reading their posts.

But like me you've now opened yourself up to attacks about why you're posting on here when you're not in Sheffield! :)

Oh right, maybe I should change my location to Los Angeles, California even though I don't live there, then? I'd rather use my method which is likely to pin-point the exact building thanks.

Oh right, maybe I should change my location to Los Angeles, California even though I don't live there, then? I'd rather use my method which is likely to pin-point the exact building thanks.

He doesnt know if they are from Sheffield, but its still a reasonable presumption that the majority of posters have some link to Sheffield.

But like me you've now opened yourself up to attacks about why you're posting on here when you're not in Sheffield! :)

I love Sheffield to bits, but you do start to appreciate its foibles when you spend time living elsewhere.

Hi Sheffielders are you like me and getting fed up of hearing about Leeds been the great city of the North . Look North should be told that there is a far greater city up north . The place of my birth CITY of SHEFFIELD . After all how many world changing Inventions IE Steel Silver-plate Stainless steel and not to mention forging the crank shafts for the World WII Spitfire .So come on Look North and stop telling me Leeds is the great city of the north when we in Sheffield know different.:)

Yes it once was a proud city. Not anymore. Did you see the programme Police Under Pressure. It is no good dwelling on the past we need to look to the future to try and solve some of these problems. Perhaps we need to get advice from the Leeds council.

I'm not sure that the pretty countryside is the main problem. There is some quite intense geography between here and manchester which would prove costly to build a safe fast road on.

Aren't there tunnels through the Alps and another under the English Channel? They even built one under the Mersey about 80 years ago. It seems the victorians could even build railway lines between Sheffield and Manchester with the odd tunnel on the way.