Poundland not giving receipts

Bought a few bits in Poundland ( Old TJ Hughes) today, paid and was checking the receipt was in the bag as they were business related and no receipt. The assistant said I did not think you wanted one and had thrown it in the bin. There were loads in the bin and she could not find it, so after calling a manager by which time a queue had built up, a duplicate was issued. She said they throw them all in the bin, so what if I had been stopped on my way out, how could I prove that I had paid. A strange way to operate a retail business.

Thanks for the "heads up"

I'm grateful for threads like this.

I spend most of my working life worrying about the finances of the NHS, and when I come home worry about having money to feed my family and being a good parents. Any spare time I have I like to take an interest in foreign and domestic affairs.

However I think I need to put these all into perspective and worry about the bigger issues that we face, like whether Poundland gives us a receipt...

How many items did you buy? where its below 3 items I just tell them no need for a receipt, especially if ive paid with the debit card. If you wnat a receipt then they should always offer it but I bet loads never bother at all with taking one. I never ask for one. I wouldnt personally worry about being stopped for a few items. The only other aspect of a receipt is proof of purchase for a return of items, but most thinsg are food and toiletries and cleaning products so I dont think ive ever returned anything.

I only bought 4 items but needed the receipt to put them through my books for my business.

Are you saying you actually carried a Poundland bag? We always take M&S bags in with us, so the neighbours think we are well off.

Are you really worrying about £4? Life is too short for such worries

I think 'no receipts' should be the default for somewhere like that to save paper

Not the end of the world is it. Just say youd like the receipt before you pay and problem solved. I really think most people dont take them or throw them away immediately.

I think 'no receipts' should be the default for somewhere like that to save paper

The staff shouldn't be throwing the receipts in the bin though. If they want to go receiptless, they shouldn't print them in the first place. If they have to print them, they should give them to the customer.

Are you really worrying about £4? Life is too short for such worries

As the OP stated, the receipt was required so that they could account for it accordingly with their Accountancy book they must have for their business.

The staff shouldn't be throwing the receipts in the bin though. If they want to go receiptless, they shouldn't print them in the first place. If they have to print them, they should give them to the customer.

That's what I meant - sorry for not being clearer.

I'm grateful for threads like this.

I spend most of my working life worrying about the finances of the NHS, and when I come home worry about having money to feed my family and being a good parents. Any spare time I have I like to take an interest in foreign and domestic affairs.

However I think I need to put these all into perspective and worry about the bigger issues that we face, like whether Poundland gives us a receipt...

However enough time to read the post and then comment......