Page Hall - Does anyone have a positive story

Hi guys,

Hope you're well.

I know there's been some problems in Page Hall in recent times, I'm fishing around to see if anyone has a more positive experience of mulitculturalism in the area.

Please PM me if you can help.

I know many people have grievances that are valid but please don't deluge me with them, I wan't a nice story!

I drove through Page Hall once, got to the other end and my car was still in pristine condition.

I got my windscreen done just up the road, didn't get stabbed or anything while I was there.

In all fairness tho, I have some friends who recently moved from the area.

It's not a war zone like the Mail would have you believe, but it's still a dump.

We took our first home there in 2002 while I was pregnant. It was probably a half and half mix of very long standing born and bred Grimesthorpians and pakistanis There was also a couple of families from Namibia.

We all integrated fine. Our kids all played together and we passed conversation and chit chat in the street. Ocassionally the Namibian families used to send a pan of their delicious food over for us to sample

The rubbish was kept in the bins and cars were parked legally and considerately for other residents.

2 or 3 years later the first wave of Roma moved in and our Road (as we knew it) changed beyond recognition. nuff said.

So in reply to your question there certainly USED to be positive experiences of multicultural mingling in Grimesthorpe and Page Hall. I can't speak for the residents of today though.

Edited by Bethsmummy

I bought a pair of roller skates from Patnicks Emporium in 1983. They have me hours of pleasure and lasted me a good few years! Don't think it's there anymore though.

I bought a house on Wade Street for £11,000 in 1989 and it was a nice little place to live.

The place is a hell hole now I wouldn't even drive my car on there.

If anyone can help the OP with their request, please PM them.

Closing.