Sheffied Film and Comic Convention, 30-31 Aug 2014

A lot of the stalls go to the other Comic Cons as well (MCM) - the comic con was small in comparison to the MCM ones. But it was a good CC!

Sheffield Space Center (one of the stalls) are based on the Wicker and have a better selection (in my view) than Forbidden Planet down the moor - not as dreary a building either. So if you do want to have your kids into comic books/anime/manga/scifi - SSC is the place to go.

I couldn't agree more...I took my grandson into the Space centre a few weeks ago and was very impressed by the welcome. He has developed a liking for manga books alongside his interest in Marvel comics, science fiction etc and he was treated as an adult when he talked to the staff. The sheer breadth of knowledge in that shop is amazing and the staff are a good advert for how friendly and inclusive the comic on fraternity are.

Missus and youngest really enjoyed this yesterday. I was working so missed it sadly. :(

Apparently Dirk Benedict was tremendous value for money!

My husband said the same thing and took photos of him too. Just to prove he does not look the 70 years he is - Does that even make sense?

I couldn't agree more...I took my grandson into the Space centre a few weeks ago and was very impressed by the welcome. He has developed a liking for manga books alongside his interest in Marvel comics, science fiction etc and he was treated as an adult when he talked to the staff. The sheer breadth of knowledge in that shop is amazing and the staff are a good advert for how friendly and inclusive the comic on fraternity are.

I've been shopping there since my mid teens. The guys will do everything they can to get in what stuff you want comic/book wise. Glad to see he's brancing into manga as well :)

Blimey, didn't know SCC was stlll open, used to go a lot in my teens, even remember when it was originally on London Rd as a small shop, but had some great stuff that you couldn't get elsewhere....

Me and the boy went and it was ok

On the good side there were some good guests (we got to meet Dave Prowse (darth vader) and Dirk Bennidict

Downside was it small and cramped and the retro game section wasn't there as advertised.

I think we will stick to NEC next time.

Following the success of this year's Sheffield Film & Comic Con the event is returning in 2015 on 15th & 16th August. If you didn't attend the event some footage and interviews available here - hope to see you next year http://www.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/cinema/video-sheffield-film-and-comic-con-to-return-1-6815280

I went as a early bird sunday it wasn't very cramped, had 3 walk a rounds with no wait. but getting out around 1 was very slow moving.

met 5 people in under half an hour, quite a few of the guests had nobody in line even darth vader, so i would recommend the early bird to everybody and it's cheaper next year.

watched a few talks, purchased some retro masters of the universe figures.

picked up my commissioned Sylvester McCoy sketch and had it signed http://stupot.wen.ru/sket.jpg

fave guest was rusty goffe (oompa loompa)

I may do both days next year.

I'm doing my daughter a loot crate for Christmas and could do with some ideas, hope you guys can help, please see description and video, all help very gratefully received, many thanks in advance, cheers Steve