Next tram rail replacement affecting Middlewood & Malin Bridge July 7

I was wondering the same, I want to know whether or not to book my travel pass for when I get back off holiday, but there's nothing on the Stagecoach website.

Yeah - I've got an event running and need to notify people whether they can travel on it or need to get taxis.

Any news on when this is finishing?

Still "early/mid-September", or has it been announced it has overrun and is being extended to Christmas yet?

I might be wrong, but the only works I can see are at University/Brook Hill underpass. Hopefully they'll be finished soon.

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 18:18 ----------

also - the unirider starts on the 19th Sept and has just been advertised via email - I'd guess that they definitely want to get the work finished before the start of term.

Getting on the Supertram Link bus today and was told by an employee that normal service from Middlewood to city centre would be resumed on Sunday.

I asked a Y4 driver today and she said Monday...

After enduring those battered old buses & heavy footed drivers for the last few months, the tram is going to seem like executive travel!!

My understanding from my informed sources is 'mid September' meant Monday 15th September and work is a few days ahead of schedule.

However the track is owned by SYPTE and they are managing the contract with Volker so Supertram cannot announce anything until the track has been handed back to them and appropriate safety checks and test runs have been done.

Sounds like it could well be this weekend though. If you are thinking of ordering a monthly pass online for next week it saves money so probably worth the gamble!

someone asked them earlier on twitter and they still don't know themselves

I think they probably do know but for the reasons given by Andy C, can't actually categorically confirm!

Drove down Infirmary Road from Tescos through Hillsborough into Middlewood tonight and there are lots of vans out doing checks and things. Hopefully that's a good sign.