Next tram rail replacement affecting Middlewood & Malin Bridge July 7

Nah, that's taking a long way round, just get off round corner from Hendo's... Dunno about the return journey though, i get the NHS shuttle bus back...

Return is on Broad Lane just opposite St Georges Church. A 2 minute walk from the normal tram stop.

Return is on Broad Lane just opposite St Georges Church. A 2 minute walk from the normal tram stop.

Cheers, are they still setting off from outside Argos like last time??

Cheers, are they still setting off from outside Argos like last time??

I don't use the tram, but from heading past Argos every morning/evening, the large crowd waiting and yellow jackets (stagecoach conductors?) would suggest so

I don't use the tram, but from heading past Argos every morning/evening, the large crowd waiting and yellow jackets (stagecoach conductors?) would suggest so

Cheers, just in case...:thumbsup:

Is the rest of the network still on the normal tram frequency?

If so, there will be 16 trams an hour using the Cathedral crossover during parts of the day, and the other lunchtime there was a tram using the crossover that said "Staff Training" or something on it, so would have been 17 that hour. Guessing quite a few trams are having to wait to use the crossing each hour.

Indeed...I was unfortunate enough to be part of the crowd waiting yesterday afternoon......we were queued right back past Greggs.

Because I have limited mobility....and after THREE B4s coming in a row....I went to sit down, asking the inspector there if there was any chance of a Y4?? He couldn't tell me.

Another B4 came and went.....and then another B4 - I then exchanged not so pleasantries with said inspector....and people weren't particularly happy......which prompted said inspector to change the FIFTH B4 in a row to a Y4.....there you go - how difficult was that???

Total time from joining the queue to getting off at Middlewood.....ONE HOUR!!!

Indeed...I was unfortunate enough to be part of the crowd waiting yesterday afternoon......we were queued right back past Greggs.

Because I have limited mobility....and after THREE B4s coming in a row....I went to sit down, asking the inspector there if there was any chance of a Y4?? He couldn't tell me.

Another B4 came and went.....and then another B4 - I then exchanged not so pleasantries with said inspector....and people weren't particularly happy......which prompted said inspector to change the FIFTH B4 in a row to a Y4.....there you go - how difficult was that???

Total time from joining the queue to getting off at Middlewood.....ONE HOUR!!!

If you'd gone 30 yards down the hill, the 85 High Green bus goes from there to Middlewood. It's much more direct, less busy and cheaper than the tram replacements

Is the 85 a Stagecoach? Coz if you've invested in a mega rider you don't wanna be forking our extra to travel on First.

Nah, that's taking a long way round, just get off round corner from Hendo's... Dunno about the return journey though, i get the NHS shuttle bus back...

Yes, with the added bonus of the shuttle being free for staff. I've sometimes used it to get home, it's a bit of a walk at the other end, but a nice one. I've never attempted to get the shuttle from Penistone Road towards the Hallamshire though, does it pick up en-route?

Is the 85 a Stagecoach? Coz if you've invested in a mega rider you don't wanna be forking our extra to travel on First.

Nope it isn't.

No, it's First.

That's why Stagecoach did those 12 week passes, so people would be locked in and wouldn't be able to shop around and find the better alternatives.

If you've only got a week pass though, the First weekly is cheaper than the Stagecoach one (£12 instead of £13.50)

Nope it isn't.

It also packs up for the day at 7pm!