Next tram rail replacement affecting Middlewood & Malin Bridge July 7

Unless of course you work up near the Hallamshire Hospital area, West Street area etc. In which you'd be 'stupid' to get those other buses.

Nice generalisation there.

But then you are not going from Hillsborough to Town. You are going to Broomhall. I was just pointing out that the 81/82 cut off a massive corner for those doing the full NW branch cf the tram replacements.

So....where will the buses towards the Hallamshire and beyond be going??? Or indeed all the ones that usually use West Street?

So....where will the buses towards the Hallamshire and beyond be going??? Or indeed all the ones that usually use West Street?

Up Broad lane as mentioned in post 9.

Im guessing West Street is operating one way only for buses towards the city?

But then you are not going from Hillsborough to Town. You are going to Broomhall.

Since when has West Street been in Broomhall?

I'm not getting this. From city centre to Middlewood, how is the replacement bus getting from the University to Shalesmoor?

I'm not getting this. From city centre to Middlewood, how is the replacement bus getting from the University to Shalesmoor?

According to this: http://www.supertram.com/railreplacementproject.html

Travelling towards city centre: Shalesmoor, University, West Street, Leopold Street, Angel Street

From City Centre: Bank Street, Queen Street, Broad Lane, University, Shalesmoor

From Broad Lane, round the roundabout and down the dual carriageway to Shalesmoor then onto Infirmary Rd, same in reverse almost except the bus will go down Gell St and West St to Leopold St.

Netherthorpe Rd tram stop has no service and no replacement bus from 7 July.

Down the dual carriageway (Netherthorpe Road). The way it read to me is they weren't using Netherthorpe Road. Thanks for clarifying.

Down the dual carriageway (Netherthorpe Road). The way it read to me is they weren't using Netherthorpe Road. Thanks for clarifying.

They just aren't using the stop, there is nowhere there for the bus to stop. Then again I don't know where it is stopping at the "university".

@SCSupertram: Area 4 works begin on Monday 7 July affecting services between Middlewood, Malin Bridge and city centre. Full details http://t.co/GvVprup1Sr

It surprises me how Stagecoach don't make more effort to let people know the detail of what is going on. Have they done a mailshot or similar to people in the catchment area of the trams?

I had the last disruption timetable that I picked up on the tram, but was not expecting trams not to be running between Middlewood and Shalesmoor.