Harborough Ave this morning

stabbing at harborough roundabout

What, another one? not going great at the moment is it?

It gets worse dont it happened late last night about 11.45

:( it's shocking. My daughter already couldn't sleep last night due to the shooting and local kids round here. Got no chance of sleeping tonight

I've got friends who live close to Manor Park and have started to explore the area, on the whole I think it's quiet and mon threatening and the shops don't seem to have a gang of kids lurking there at all hours unlike some places

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/appeals-information/road-closed-after-man-seriously-assaulted-sheffield

Part of Harborough Avenue, Sheffield, is closed this morning (Monday 23 June 2014) following reports of an assault.

Police were called just before midnight on Sunday 22 June to reports that a 47-year-old man had been seriously assaulted in Harborough Avenue. He has been taken to hospital where his condition is described as serious.

Officers continue their enquiries in the local area and Harborough Avenue is closed at the junction of Motehall Road at Manor Park Centre roundabout. It is expected that the road will re-open later this afternoon.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call 101 quoting incident number 1439 of 22 June 2014. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

Lol...The wheel is ingenious. Just waiting for it to hit The Star and check the reader's comments section. Could put money on what they will say

Lol...The wheel is ingenious. Just waiting for it to hit The Star and check the reader's comments section. Could put money on what they will say

Sums up this forum nicely, I need to put some more options on there though.

Ladies and Gents,

I am the Neighbourhood Inspector for the East, which includes the Manor area. I can confirm that at approximately 2.20am on Saturday the 21st June a man was found on open ground near Queen Mary Road, Sheffield. He had been shot. He subsequently died apparently from these injuries. The man's death is being linked to incidents elsewhere in the area during the night. As such, a number of areas have been secured by police in order to preserve evidence and to allow for forensic searches. We are not aware of anybody being stabbed in the area over the weekend. During the early hours of this (Monday 23rd) morning, a man was assaulted in the Harborough Road area of the Manor. His condition remains serious. We do not believe that this assault is connected to the murder investigation.

Local police officers and PCSOs will continue to patrol the area to reassure residents that whilst these two incidents are both extremely serious, they are rare and the risk to the wider populace remains low.

If readers do have information which will assist either investigation, please call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Thank-you,

Inspector Paul Ferguson