"Police under pressure" bbc tv 9pm 23/6/14

Out of the gang (we think 8 or 9), only one who was under 18 went to court. The others walked off scott free.

I hate it when the quote system screws up like this.

I am not going through the whole Spiel again, but the East of Sheffield has plenty of opportunity to develop into an area that attracts more affluent inhabitants, it just takes a forward looking council and an assertive approach to sorting it out.

And when the area has been developed would it be an area surrounded by factories. It is in the East isn't it?

Out of the gang (we think 8 or 9), only one who was under 18 went to court. The others walked off scott free.

Gutted for you. At least one of them went to court I suppose.

And when the area has been developed would it be an area surrounded by factories. It is in the East isn't it?

The area already has considerable industry nearby, which is exactly why it has potential.

look it up it's publically available !

Yep they're spending more than ever...

I think your all going off topic, money yes it affects how the police can muster resources when an incident occurs. but the main underlying reason is that breaking the law has becomes so easy and easy to get away with as well. that when the younger people have no hope, no aspiration, no money, and worst of all NO FEAR of the police by braking the law they see that the sort term gain of selling a big screen tv for £50 so they can forget the reality of their lives for a few hours by buying drink, drugs, sex, whatever.

and if they did go to prison (very unlikely) they find themselves having three square meals a day, warmth, clean surroundings, even companionship.

that's probably better conditions than they have on the outside!. if anything its an incentive to commit more crimes.

How do you dissuade people like that from doing crime???..

How do you dissuade people like that from doing crime???..
By creating a society where there's something worth living for. Trouble is, working people seem to have forgotten how to do that and our rulers like us the way we are - cheap to employ, willing to submit, fighting each other.

How do you dissuade people from doing crime - simple - do the parenting properly! This is where it begins and ends - look after the little ones properly - stop buying beer and gear instead of decent food for them and teach them respect.

Anything else is a kop out. The politicians won't say that as it might lose them some votes.

Sick of -'aw life is hard - isn't it tough' sob stories.

The coppers should slag the Judges off on tv its them that let idiots get away with everything. That dominic lad should be given at least five years, Id give him more. Police do need to be about more but the numbers don't permit it I feel sorry for the work they do to catch these idiots only for the Judge to let them off. If its the government or eu that is causing the Judges to be soft then vote the government out or vote ukip.

Edited by murofforum
misspelt

The coppers should slag the Judges off on tv its them that let idiots get away with everything.

Whilst I agree with your comment, at the end of the day the program last night was about crime figures.

Yes if the judicial system put the offenders away for longer the stats would no doubt reduce, but they don't( and haven't for some time) - so the focus is on the force to reduce the stats.

Last night showed lots of management meetings focussing on reducing stats to ensure HMIC didn't come in and take over (and appeared to show Crompton with many a vacant expression)

In their shoes what would you do - let HMIC take over or ensure the stats 'look good'.

Take a look at the figures, they speak for themselves (i think)

As they said in the program, statistics can show what you want.

This http://therealsyp.co.uk/images/1.jpg shows that vehicle crime is way down :thumbsup:, one of the targets that SYP had to achieve.

But then look at the vehicle crime compared with 'other theft' over the same period http://therealsyp.co.uk/images/2.jpg - seems that the 'other theft' stats increased by about the same that vehicle crime dropped. :huh:

Now i'm not saying that SYP were 'tweaking the figures', but seems very co-incidental :suspect:

And for completeness, overall stats (excl ASB) shows that whilst overall crime did drop during the filming(as it generally does over the winter months, since then it's on the up again http://therealsyp.co.uk/images/3.jpg :gag:

The houses are not to blame, many council houses have been modernised, are nice and have been looked after by the tenants. It's the few illiterate, dysfunctional scumbag families that are put into them that cause the trouble and make life a misery for everyone else. They should be rounded up and put in a camp far away from decent people.

The houses to blame for may problems nowadays are in the PRS with insecure tenancies.

Overcrowding being a real problem as seen in the TV program.

Young people can be seen to hang about on the street as they can no longer access employment and housing as easily as previous generations did.

Sheffield has empty housing on the Arbouthorne awaiting demolition. And empty housing at Parkhill.

We need to be building council housing again. Sheffield NEEDS council housing for it to thrive and to improve the living standards of its people.

This was my parents who was attacked. It's i correctly reported though, my mum was the one who was pulled out of the car (and had to have her ear glued back on as a consequence) and my dad was attacked at the side of the road.

Did the bloke they arrested on TV actually get found guilty of the attack HannahSpaner:confused::confused: