Tiny rescue pony attacked

Had the police round tonight. They're taking it really seriously, done house to house enquiries, had some good info from neighbours, the lovely people on here and other sources. Please keep it coming because the more evidence we have the better the chance of securing a conviction.

Sheffield Online posted this last night...they have information and need a contact and incident number.

I posted it so they sent me the message.

I have sent you my mobile number.

Looking very positive...

This story has really upset me poor little pony , hope theyre on to the scum who did this -and they name and shame, people don't take well to people who pick on defenceless animals.

My Daughter cried when l told her about this, we often walk upto Loxley and feed Apples to the Horses, why would you want to do that to any animal-SICK!!

Shared on FB, hope there caught very soon

Just an update. Thanks to the wonderful people on SF we now have a photo of one of them actually on the pony, as well as the same names being put in the frame from several different sources. However please don't stop circulating on FB and other social media as the Police will need as much evidence as possible.

Heidi continues to be very subdued and depressed despite lashings of tlc, but it's early days. Thanks to everyone on here for their help and concern, it really has made all the difference.

Thank you.

Just an update. Thanks to the wonderful people on SF we now have a photo of one of them actually on the pony, as well as the same names being put in the frame from several different sources. However please don't stop circulating on FB and other social media as the Police will need as much evidence as possible.

Heidi continues to be very subdued and depressed despite lashings of tlc, but it's early days. Thanks to everyone on here for their help and concern, it really has made all the difference.

Thank you.

Newbiz, as a side issue, when Heidi is well and happy again, how about having a couple of hours where folks could possibly drop in to see the new little 'celebrity', and perhaps make a small donation for her care?

I know my kids would love to see her and wish her well.

Thank you.

Oh that is wonderful news, thanks for the update.

Here's hoping they get brought to justice.

The poor love must be so traumatised. Give her a hug from me please.

I really do believe that people who are cruel to animals have some genetic abnormality, something lacking in their being.

my thoughts too and I hope something unpleasant happens to the little toe ragse. It's unforgivable.

Newbiz, as a side issue, when Heidi is well and happy again, how about having a couple of hours where folks could possibly drop in to see the new little 'celebrity', and perhaps make a small donation for her care?

I know my kids would love to see her and wish her well.

That's a lovely idea, and I've run it passed Heidi's owner. She's cautiously okay about it when the little'un is back fighting fit, so long as it wasn't hoards of kids, screaming and making a load of noise, which could undersandably frighten her and knock her right back.

This is terrible, really upsets me when i read things like this. It seems cruelty like this is getting more and more common, poor little Heidi. I hope they catch the scum that did this and soon

This is terrible, really upsets me when i read things like this. It seems cruelty like this is getting more and more common, poor little Heidi. I hope they catch the scum that did this and soon

Thanks Topcat. Heidi continues to be depressed and subdued and what's even more upsetting is how nervous and jumpy she is compared to how she was before the attack. We're trying everything we can to make her feel confident and happy, but it's heartbreaking to see her so sad and so disinterested in life.

She's like a little lost soul at the moment, prepared to accept human contact, but it feels like it's because she has to rather than because she wants to. So different to how she was.

At just 4 yrs old she should be full of life and interested in everything and she isn't. She was physically in poor condition when she arrived, but that was easily treatable, psychological damage can be far harder to treat.

Thanks again to everyone for their help in catching these people, and we'll have an update on that front hopefully within the next few days.

I hope they catch this scum soon, they are the lowest of the low.

It would be nice if 'pot on arm' had the other three limbs potted.I for one would pay to see this.