Puppy behaviour

Before you answer this, I want you to think about a very delicate situation. I have a Shih Tsu puppy who is 9 month old, from getting him he has always nipped, and as he's grown he sometimes still does only its a bit harder. The last month he has changed, he's quietened down and he hasn't nipped so much, so I thought we were winning which I was delighted with.

Now the complication arises as its my sons dog, my son being 46 with Aspergers and a learning disability and he worships this dog.

Well today I was sat in my computer and he jumped up and started biting the wires, I tried to get him down when he bite me, I tried to know him down and I'm not sure if this was another bite or was it a scratch, but I have 3 scratches all of which are bleeding about five inches long.

Now obviously I am very scared that he might do this to my granddaughter who is also 9 months old, so I am asking for your thoughts on this matter please. Thank-you A.

Have pm you.

talk to Steve or Greg at peak vets they will help

If your vet gives his health the all clear, I would seek advice from a dog trainer. Try Lottie at pawsitively pets or Victoria at people and dogs.

All puppies mouth, chew and nip, they have to learn what they can chew and what they can't. A trainer will help you learn how to handle nipping and how to teach the dog what it is allowed to chew.

I would avoid the dog coming into close contact with the baby for now, until you have sought further advice and are confident in the dog's behaviour.