First Bus Issues on the 95 Route

Another day, another broken down bus on the 95 route...

I am wondering if we have the worst bus route in Sheffield?

Guest busdriver1

one broke down on a 52 last week so that may beat you

Buses break down on all routes.

Think about it, these buses are used for 18 hours a day 7 days a week and 52 weeks a year, they are gonna break down, just like cars would if used all the time.

I drive the 95 route and it's no different from any other route in Sheffield, bit more difficult on South Road due to cars parking where they shouldn't and making it difficult for us to pass, but other than that, i think it's the best route in Sheffield to drive, i just wish there was a duty that i could drive them all day.

It's mainly students who catch this bus, and 99% of them are polite, making it a pleasure to work on it

Buses break down on all routes.

Think about it, these buses are used for 18 hours a day 7 days a week and 52 weeks a year, they are gonna break down, just like cars would if used all the time.

I drive the 95 route and it's no different from any other route in Sheffield, bit more difficult on South Road due to cars parking where they shouldn't and making it difficult for us to pass, but other than that, i think it's the best route in Sheffield to drive, i just wish there was a duty that i could drive them all day.

It's mainly students who catch this bus, and 99% of them are polite, making it a pleasure to work on it

I am a passenger on this route everyday monday to friday travelling from Bole Hill Road to town and back again in an evening, I can categorically say that this is one of the worst routes I have been on with regards to adhering to the timetable. The buses are never on time when returning from town (church Street) and seem to turn up when they like. The 52 on the other hand seems to have an excessive amount of busess that are often empty when 2 or 3 turn up at once.

Another day, another broken down bus on the 95 route...

I am wondering if we have the worst bus route in Sheffield?

Nah, 53 is the worse one. Constantly late, and half the time when it is REALLY late, it isn't even going the whole way. Pathetic service.

I am a passenger on this route everyday monday to friday travelling from Bole Hill Road to town and back again in an evening, I can categorically say that this is one of the worst routes I have been on with regards to adhering to the timetable. The buses are never on time when returning from town (church Street) and seem to turn up when they like. The 52 on the other hand seems to have an excessive amount of busess that are often empty when 2 or 3 turn up at once.
yep!

I've given up with the 95 going into town for a social. It's either the 52 or a walk down to Hillsborough exchange to catch anything going town way

Ok, i can defend the bad timekeeping on this route.

We come out of the terminus at Walkley, and it takes ages to get to the end of the road, because it's a fairly busy road, with cars parked along one side making it a single lane road, so by the time we get to the pub at the end we are already late, then there are the traffic lights at the end of south road, that too takes ages to turn right, as the cars coming up the hill never let anyone through (not blaming them as they have the right of way) and the only time we can turn is when the lights change.

Along south road is the same problem, cars parked (i agree legally) making it virtually a one lane road most of the way up, resulting in it taking a long time to get to commonside, then after commonside down the hill there are cars parked outside the shops, again making it a one lane road, then we get to brookhill roundabout, now this roundabout needs looking at by the council, as it's murder to get out, again resulting in delays.

As i've said before, i drive this route, infact am driving it today when i get to work, and during the day it's very hard to keep on time, but at night no problem, as there is less traffic, and less parked cars in certain places.

I'm not making excuses, but you must see the problems we are facing on this route, and it's easy to blame drivers, but when you see for yourself you have to understand why some of the 95's are late, now not all are late, i'd say 30% during the day, but at night they are spot on time.

Guest busdriver1
Ok, i can defend the bad timekeeping on this route.

We come out of the terminus at Walkley, and it takes ages to get to the end of the road, because it's a fairly busy road, with cars parked along one side making it a single lane road, so by the time we get to the pub at the end we are already late, then there are the traffic lights at the end of south road, that too takes ages to turn right, as the cars coming up the hill never let anyone through (not blaming them as they have the right of way) and the only time we can turn is when the lights change.

Along south road is the same problem, cars parked (i agree legally) making it virtually a one lane road most of the way up, resulting in it taking a long time to get to commonside, then after commonside down the hill there are cars parked outside the shops, again making it a one lane road, then we get to brookhill roundabout, now this roundabout needs looking at by the council, as it's murder to get out, again resulting in delays.

As i've said before, i drive this route, infact am driving it today when i get to work, and during the day it's very hard to keep on time, but at night no problem, as there is less traffic, and less parked cars in certain places.

I'm not making excuses, but you must see the problems we are facing on this route, and it's easy to blame drivers, but when you see for yourself you have to understand why some of the 95's are late, now not all are late, i'd say 30% during the day, but at night they are spot on time.

Not good enough, you should pick up at the OP's front door at any time they desire to travel, take them to exactly where they want to go. on route or not, then wait for them, take them home and carry any shopping in the house, put it all away, put any packing in the bin, run a hoover round then get on your bus and still be on time.

Its a bus service, they have delays. Define delays. Are we talking 1 minute, 5 minutes or an hour?

it's not the drivers' fault - its the timetable schedulers, I accept that.

... but at night they are spot on time.
er .. no. If I go out to town, its usually gone 7.30pm and I catch it at the Walkley lane end of South Road. Or if it's not late, then the timetable posted on the bus stop is an old one and no longer relevant - the arrival time has no resemblance to the published time. Frustratingly, there's often an Out-Of-Service bus that goes past having come down the hill onto South Road. I now catch the 52 outside the Florist, a longer route, but one I can depend on.

Id say the 47, especially along richards road.

Busses consistently late and then 3 or 4 all show up at once. If youre disabled or elderly its hard to walk down to queens road or up to gleadless to catch a more frequent service.

sorry people but the 71 via killamarsh is probably worst! for 2 weeks solid it was consistently 20 minutes late or more and twice it didn't turn up at all (it's an hourly bus) twice the bus was told to bypass killamarsh entirely to get itself back on time and because there are no displays on the bus stops, there was no way of knowing this.

it seems to be running on time for now (except fridays when it is mysteriously late every time)

the roads are bumpy and some of them drive the bus like they are at silverstone. not a pleasant journey to and from work at all!