Beauchief Garage Ltd

Does anyone remember Beauchief Garage Ltd on Abbeydale Road South, if so can you pin point it's exactl location?

I think it was at the corner of Twentywell Lane?

There is a photo of a tram in front of it standing at traffic lights. Did the tram run that far up Abbeydale Road South?

I seem to remember it was either the side of Abbey Lane now occupied by a block of flats or the other side of Abbey Lane occupied by the Beauchief Hotel

and was down by the river and didn't they also run a fleet of coaches (Beauchief Coaches) around late 40s early 50s.

It was on the corner of Abbey Lane and Abbeydale Road South, where the flats are now. You could access the petrol pumps from either of the two roads but it was not exactly safe, being on a very busy junction.

I stand corrected! The tram turned up onto Abbey Lane.

The garage was next door to Beauchief Post Office which stood on the corner of Abbey Lane & Abbeydale Road South. The address of the garage given with the photograph tallies exactly. The post office building was demolished some time between 1964 & 1967 & a new garage was built on the site of it.

I can only find 1 picture on"picturesheffield". Was the new garage also called Beauchief Garage? When was that demolished to build the flats?

I don't know what the new garage was called but I think it went out of business around 2003.

There is a photo of a tram in front of it standing at traffic lights. Did the tram run that far up Abbeydale Road South?
the Tram ran to Millhouses.

The tram went way past Millhouses. It went to Beauchief corner then went left up Abbey Lane to Woodseats and down into town from there.