2006 Local elections - who will you vote for?

Who will you be voting for in the 2006 election?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for in the 2006 election?

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Independent
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Other
    • Won't or can't vote so show me the results

I think you should replace the 'other' with BNP if thats what they want.

Making the BNP/ far right parties seem excluded adds fuel to their cause.

Out of interest, what is the BNP's policy on education?

I haven't excluded anyone, I simply included those parties which currently have elected members. There are simply not enough options in the poll to allow for all the little parties, whether left or right, to be included. If I add in one of them then someone else would feel excluded.

for royjames.

one thing the other parties have in common is they are not racist or fascist. that can't be said for the wolf in sheep's clothing of the suited bnp. check out what they really stand for behind those facades of their postured respectability. you only have to scratch the surface and they are jack booted neo-nazis. they peddle lies, myths and untruths. the one thing we can all do this may when we vote is make it count by voting for any other party except them. keep sheffield a fascist free zone this may. remember hitler didn't only target the jews he targeted anyone who was different from his considered norm. if you don't fit in the pigeon hole exactly you'd become a target a some point. hitler moved the goalposts as well! conform one week target the next. the bnp are copying the fascist right rise in germany in the thirties. act now and kick them out. once you have rats or mice in the house it's not only a horrible place to live but it's also difficult to get rid of the vermin.

fyi dafoot

the greens are not a one issue party. check out their website or go to a meeting and you'll find they have sound policies about education, council tax, the health service, foreign policy, local and national issues etc etc and not just saving the planet which no other party seems to be wanting to address. did you know for instance that the greens want to get rid of the monarchy? wish other parties had that idea also. they get my vote.

yes max unfortunately the bnp will be standing in this year's local elections in sheffield. in last year's national elections the unfortunate thing was that 1/3 of their national vote was achieved in yorkshire and the humber. this region is a big target for them. that's why everyone should get out and vote to stop them. voter apathy will help them.

Wonder if anyones changed their mind after the latest sleaze/cash crisis to hit Tony Blair? Does everyone just go on local issues and ignore the national scene completley?

I haven't excluded anyone, I simply included those parties which currently have elected members. There are simply not enough options in the poll to allow for all the little parties, whether left or right, to be included. If I add in one of them then someone else would feel excluded.

What you HAVE done is to disenfrachise thousands of people who voted BNP,your being very devious with all of this.

Oh and very condacending at that.

for royjames.

one thing the other parties have in common is they are not racist or fascist. that can't be said for the wolf in sheep's clothing of the suited bnp. check out what they really stand for behind those facades of their postured respectability. you only have to scratch the surface and they are jack booted neo-nazis. they peddle lies, myths and untruths. the one thing we can all do this may when we vote is make it count by voting for any other party except them. keep sheffield a fascist free zone this may. remember hitler didn't only target the jews he targeted anyone who was different from his considered norm. if you don't fit in the pigeon hole exactly you'd become a target a some point. hitler moved the goalposts as well! conform one week target the next. the bnp are copying the fascist right rise in germany in the thirties. act now and kick them out. once you have rats or mice in the house it's not only a horrible place to live but it's also difficult to get rid of the vermin.

Oh yes,of course the party are linked to Adolf Hitler and 30s Germany:loopy:

With that kind of comment its no wonder the party are growing here in Yorkshire.;)

I suspect on this poll - other really means BNP - question is why didn't Max put it? being as its his pet subject?

I voted "other", which to me meant "none of the above", which is what I will be writing on my ballot paper (again) not the BNP (Become Nothing Politically or the Bl00dy Nasty Party).

I'm sure I saw in a Sunday paper that there may not even be any local elections. Prescott was linked to it - some reason or other why there was no need for them at the moment, due to othe elections in the near future. Also, just after the by election where Labour got hammered, and were expecting more bad news if locals went ahead.

I may have got it wrong. I am sure the govt wouldn't stoop so low as to do that.......would they??

Oh yes,of course the party are linked to Adolf Hitler and 30s Germany:loopy:

With that kind of comment its no wonder the party are growing here in Yorkshire.;)

Is 1970/80s South Aftica more accurate than 1930s Germany?

I am genuinely interested in what the BNPs policy on education is. If you are a member could you tell me please Royjames?

I live in Sharrow, which is a harmonious multi-racial community. If BNP got elected how would that effect my area?

What you HAVE done is to disenfrachise thousands of people who voted BNP,your being very devious with all of this.

Oh and very condacending at that.

roy, this is a vote on Sheffield forum, there aren't thousands of voters on the poll let alone likely to vote for your allegedly racist party. A bit of fun is all.

Now, was that condescending or patronising?

Ok but I wonder who the other is? you better hope its not the BNP or you might have a close call.?