Discs & pads for a Vectra - how much?

Just been stuck £285 to get the other half's car services & mot'd (is under warranty so used a main dealer garage).

I now need new discs and pads fitted (front and back) on my Vectra C. I've rang a couple of local garages and best price I've had so far is £240. I know the parts cost less than £80 so that's £160 for a couple of hours labour. Does that sound about right or could I do better?

My friend has a great approach for this. He stands in the garage and asks for a breakdown of the charges, he then pulls out his iphone and finds the parts online and suggests he provide the parts while they fit them.

In most cases he gets a sudden reduction in price.

It should be cheaper if you supply parts, they just won't guarantee anything going wrong. Same thing with various tyre places.

My friend has a great approach for this. He stands in the garage and asks for a breakdown of the charges, he then pulls out his iphone and finds the parts online and suggests he provide the parts while they fit them.

In most cases he gets a sudden reduction in price.

My friend has a better one, he does the job himself, no reference to the op

Brakes don't usually come under warranty anyway so just do it yourself, it takes about 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

I can do it for you, your welcome to supply ur own parts or I can supply for u, will charge u £70 labour and then parts

if you want to buy them and fit them yourself try micks motors. a internet sales only they are very helpful you can talk to them on the net the service is great and here in a couple of days and their prices are great to if you google micks motors it will pop up or put car accessories the same thing will happen, you can buy them without talking to anyone if you have all the information they need like make & model year, engine size, type of gear change everything about the car but it's all there what you need I've used them a good half a dozen times and never been let down, they do their best to et what you want bargain prices give them a go just to see you don't have to buy good luck steve

I got a set of brembo rear disc n pads for my vectra a few years ago,and think they worked out at about 70 quid,can't remember the site I just had a google or possibly off ebay

We've just had ours done at KwikFit, £221. They come with a life time guarantee, will be replaced for free as long as you have the same car. Could have got them cheaper but need the car for work so can't leave it at the garage. KwikFit has good opening times for us, and 15% off at the minute.

Just been stuck £285 to get the other half's car services & mot'd (is under warranty so used a main dealer garage).

I now need new discs and pads fitted (front and back) on my Vectra C. I've rang a couple of local garages and best price I've had so far is £240. I know the parts cost less than £80 so that's £160 for a couple of hours labour. Does that sound about right or could I do better?

Not sure which side of town you're at, if anywhere near Club Mill Road, Neepsend, give Mick Parkin a ring 0114 251 7951

He does all my repairs.