Fat Free Home made soups

Hi I'm wanting to make lots of low fat soups this week as I'm off work, I used to make a rosemary connelly low fat mushroom soup but I can't seem to find it. Every recipe I've looked at either has milk or cream in it I don't have milk. I don't suppose anyone has the recipe or a low fat version, plus any other low fat recipes thanks in advance:)

This thread might be an old one but it's got me wanting to make my pea and ham soup now. It's low fat because I use Batchelors dried peas which I soak overnight.....minus the soda tablet. I use a smoked gammon steak which has all the fat removed from it, along with celery, onion and a potato to thicken the soup.

I use my pressure cooker and begin by cutting the gammon steak into smallish pieces which I then brown off in a squirt of that "good for your heart" substitute cooking fat. I add generous amounts of onion (I suppose you could use garlic as well but I hate the stuff so don't ruin a good dish with it) which I sweat down along with a large stick of chopped celery.

I then chuck in the soaked peas which have been thoroughly washed along with a medium sized peeled and chopped potato. For the liquid I add vegetable stock.

I bring the lot to pressure and cook for about 20 minutes. When done I blitz it with my whizzy thing and if it's too thick I add water until I get the thickness that I want. I also add pepper to taste.

Served with home made croutons and a home made loaf of bread and voila......sorted.

Virtually no fat. No sugar and the only salt is natural and in the gammon steak. Of course there will be fat in the croutons but the soup itself is as fat free as you can possibly get.

I think the biggest problem though is sugar and not fat. We need a certain amount of fat in our diets........not masses that might be found in fast/convenience foods etc but sensible amounts. Sugar on the other hand is in just about everything you can think of if it's processed!

My hubby plasters this beautiful soup in brown sauce and hendo's and both products are packed with sugar! Those are the sort of products which people don't realise are the silent killers because of the sugar and salt in them.

Pea and ham soup it is for us for one day this week then. lol

Sounds delicious i'll give it a try