Claremont Hospital

A double deck bus used the top yard of the claremont to do a three point turn instead of using the designated turning space a bit further up the road,no one was on the bus at the time, he actually drove off but was caught on camera...what a idiot...:loopy:

And the driver HAS lost his job because of it, serves him right

I went into Thornbury for an operation (referred by NHS) ended up with complications and was admitted to Northern General.

This happens more often than is realised.

Private hospitals don't have the emergency backup when things go wrong and have to rely on a 999 call for an emergency transfer to the nearest NHS establishment.

This happens more often than is realised.

Private hospitals don't have the emergency backup when things go wrong and have to rely on a 999 call for an emergency transfer to the nearest NHS establishment.

This is exactly what happened to me. What is really annoying is NHS funding is going into private pockets. Wouldn't mind as much if they completed the job that they were paid to do. If I hadn't been in so much pain I would have requested to have it done at NGH. Unfortunately the waiting lists were so long that I felt my best option was to take the advice of my GP and go to Thornbury.

This is exactly what happened to me. What is really annoying is NHS funding is going into private pockets. Wouldn't mind as much if they completed the job that they were paid to do. If I hadn't been in so much pain I would have requested to have it done at NGH. Unfortunately the waiting lists were so long that I felt my best option was to take the advice of my GP and go to Thornbury.

That's quite understandable. Chronic pain wears you down and having to wait for months for something to be done about it can make your life a misery.

My OH, was referred there via the NHS. On the form that they send, you are described as a customer - not a patient. They demand access to all your medical records and say that they reserve the right to pass-them-on to whoever they like. Best of all, they say they will send details of other products and services unless you tick the box. Appalling place - you are just a financial transaction to them.

Welcome to privatisation.

When people ask why I dont want to move back to the States, well this is a big reason why.

You are nothing but a transaction there.

I'm a private medical insurance broker and I can't fault the service at either of our private hospitals. The NHS is brilliant and I wouldn't get rid of it for the world. But the sad fact is it just doesn't have enough funding any more. People going private not only reduces the costs for the NHS but also brings the wait times down for the people who don't have the luxury of insurance. This Medical insurance market is growing at huge rate.

And the driver HAS lost his job because of it serves him right

Good, what idiot does a three point turn on private property and then just drive off after causing all that.

Btw, where did you find this out?

Guest busdriver1
Good, what idiot does a three point turn on private property and then just drive off after causing all that.

There are forums around that vet members and as a result get sensible conversations. It has been posted on one such forum.

I will not seek to advertise it here as I am sure it would not be welcomed.

I know the driver, i'm on the same board as him at work