My new allotment

Hi all,

I've got an allotment, which I'm very excited about as I've been waiting a few years for it :) It's on a new site, so I'm staring from scratch and I don't want it to cost me the earth. if anybody has any old/unwanted tools/equipment I'd be really grateful to take them. I especially need some water buts as the site doesn't have water yet. It'll be turned on at some point but me guess not this year. Also, I need a shed, who does cheap sheds? And some wire or plastic to fence of the boundary from the other plots. What do you think is good to use? any advice most welcome - thanks.

if you are any good at building you can get a second hand hut and put it up yourself,but i would concentrate on getting part of it dug for your winter crops.spring cabbage

winter onions

sprouting broccoli

spring onions

garlic

chard

a new 8 by 6 hut is about 300 quid but they put it up .good luck with your new garden, a bit expensive at first but a good hobby.

Thanks for your advice Rabitter. I'll have a look on eBay to see if I can see a second hand shed. I'd have a go at putting a shed up- get some of my friends to help. Can't be that hard! :)

I got my allotment shed off ebay £26.00 the rest you will make from scrap. i do have a new roll (25 mtrs ) of barbed wire ive not used since i bought it . i paid £18 for it . A tener and its yours.

Thanks for the offer Mr Pops but the site doesn't allow barbed wire. Thanks anyway. Your shed was a great bargain.