Sheffield Wednesday Takeover Bid

The Sheffield boxing promoter Dennis Hobson is heading a consortium that is poised to make a bid for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/sport/2004/03/01/wednesday_bid.shtml

What do people think about this? I think its great :D Once the debt is sorted and we get the team back on track with some new blood we might see some action down in Cardiff :D

Didn't Dave Allen come along promising the same sort of things, my how that worked :D

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Didn't Dave Allen come along promising the same sort of things, my how that worked :D

He should stick to comedy, instead of running a comedy football club :lol::D

I don't think you're ready for action in Cardiff yet, you had more than enough action in Blackpool.

Who else is part of this consortium?

There has again been talk about Bates joining the board especially now he has left Chelsea. I personally wouldn't let him anywhere near my football club. Bates strikes me as someone who talks big but will not put his money where his mouth is. Skinflint!

I have to totally agree with RPG. Ken bates did a fantastic job turning chelsea`s fortune round. If he could do the same with Wednesday it would be fantastic, not only for the fans who have endured so much stick over the last few years but for the city aswell. Im an owl but theres nothing better than going to a premiership derby (without the usual trouble that is). Thats my thought anyway.................

Matthew Harding was Chelseas first revival with Bates only ever intrested in money.

I reckon Abramovich must have sent some of the heavies round to give him a gentle nudge.

A few days ago Bates says he is keeping his penthouse and no way is he leaving the club. The next day he is on his bike, although it's an expensive bike.