Dj's with own equipment wanted

me and the shadowman are getting a bit busy and could do with a bit of help pm either of us if interested.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Whats your rates ? and what type of work is it?

As the thread title says....DJ'S...so I think the type of work is obvious :huh:

The pay and type of music depends on the venue, could be anything from 60's to present day and any genre - rock, cheese, RnB, speed garage etc to name a few.

Being able to do karaoke as well is a bonus.

What we are looking for is people with their own gear and transport.

One condition is that you must NOT be mike shy - Kirky & myself have reputations for being gobby when we have a mike in our hands :hihi:

We already have one venue that is available for a Friday night residency but they require a specific kind of person - must be youngish, happy playing up to date chart stuff as well as some of the older cheesey type music - and most of all, a "people" person.

Its a decent venue and all the regulars are no hassle, in fact I work there on a Sunday and generally end up staying on for a couple of hours as im having so much fun !

Due to a bad experience with a fill in dj, we would ask that we are able to see you work, if you have other gigs of course.

Please note, the bad experience I refer to is in no way connected to anyone on this forum.

Hope to hear from you soon.

can u get one with a calendar and a modicum of honesty.they might be more than use to him/her than anything else.

care to explain willman?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

well i'll hint more than explain.

lets just say that a dj whether he's good or not still doesn't stop them dropping you in the ****e at the last minute.even after booking & confiming 8 weeks in advance.

the bad experiences i refer to are connected to people on this forum.

well i'll hint more than explain.

lets just say that a dj whether he's good or not still doesn't stop them dropping you in the ****e at the last minute.even after booking & confiming 8 weeks in advance.

the bad experiences i refer to are connected to people on this forum.

i was lead to belive the person in question got you a replacement that lives right on the door step of the venue.......is it he that as let you down?

i was lead to belive the person in question got you a replacement that lives right on the door step of the venue.......is it he that as let you down?

actually i've found my own replacement who can be there before the event starts, which i thought was usual practice for a dj.

the replacement may well be very good, but a time frame of 7.20 - 8 for a party starting @ 7.30 wasn't suitable.

personally a replacment shouldnt have been needed. when the booking was taken the date was satisfactory - any other business for that date should have been declined(if that is the reason for cancelling).

i'm still waiting for a contract (wot a laugh).

actually i've found my own replacement who can be there before the event starts, which i thought was usual practice for a dj.

the replacement may well be very good, but a time frame of 7.20 - 8 for a party starting @ 7.30 wasn't suitable.

personally a replacment shouldnt have been needed. when the booking was taken the date was satisfactory - any other business for that date should have been declined(if that is the reason for cancelling).

i'm still waiting for a contract (wot a laugh).

i'm just trying to workout why you seem to be having a pop about this on my thread........the only time we've ever spoke before is when you quoted 45 quid for something i got done for 18........but as they say thats another story:rolleyes:

sorry not directed anything at you.

i just thought it was pertinent to the requirements of a dj.

As the thread title says....DJ'S...so I think the type of work is obvious :huh:

The pay and type of music depends on the venue, could be anything from 60's to present day and any genre - rock, cheese, RnB, speed garage etc to name a few.

Being able to do karaoke as well is a bonus.

What we are looking for is people with their own gear and transport.

One condition is that you must NOT be mike shy - Kirky & myself have reputations for being gobby when we have a mike in our hands :hihi:

We already have one venue that is available for a Friday night residency but they require a specific kind of person - must be youngish, happy playing up to date chart stuff as well as some of the older cheesey type music - and most of all, a "people" person.

Its a decent venue and all the regulars are no hassle, in fact I work there on a Sunday and generally end up staying on for a couple of hours as im having so much fun !

Due to a bad experience with a fill in dj, we would ask that we are able to see you work, if you have other gigs of course.

Please note, the bad experience I refer to is in no way connected to anyone on this forum.

Hope to hear from you soon.

ok guys i will pass this on to all my staff in case they need to fill their diaries up

if i personelly am booked for a gig i always set up during the day when possible and would always be there a good half hour before the guests...so i do agree with you on that score......but when i was askin for dj's i was just wondering why you seemed to be having a sly dig at me.......:confused: :confused: