Aircraft contrails spoiling the weather again.

Why not the 40s, 50s or 60s?

My thesis is simple, and requires minimal 'special circumstances'.

For every kilogram of paraffin you burn to create thrust, whether that's a piston engined WWII heavy bomber, or a high bypass turbofan on a modern airliner, you create about one and a half kilos of water.

That will condense or stay as water vapour depending on atmospheric conditions. This is what gives rise to contrails.

So if contrails are different today, there are a limited number of plausible explanations, which have all been done to death in this thread.

These can be deduced from commonly available information, and don't really require shonky video 'evidence', so much as sound powers of reasoning.

Again its impossible to tell if those contrails in the video were persistent.

Come on it should be easy to find some examples from the eighties and nineties caused by commercial jets. Unless I'm right about them not being a feature of our skies until much more recently.

Come on it should be easy to find some examples from the eighties and nineties caused by commercial jets. Unless I'm right about them not being a feature of our skies until much more recently.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence remember...

Come on it should be easy to find some examples from the eighties and nineties caused by commercial jets.

You're right.

Even Cyclone can do it ( :P )

http://contrailscience.com/

This address the assertion that "contrails didn't persist in the past".

Yes it does!

Unless I'm right about them not being a feature of our skies until much more recently.

You're not. What has definitely changed is the amount of contrails, owing to a large increase in passenger air traffic over the last seventy years.

You're right.

Even Cyclone can do it ( :P )

Yes it does!

You're not. What has definitely changed is the amount of contrails, owing to a large increase in passenger air traffic over the last seventy years.

Where's the video/film of persistent contrails prior to 2000? If that's the best a debunking site can come up with then it does little to convince me they existed before then.

Anyone can fake photos.

My house is directly under the flight path of aircraft coming into Kennedy Airport from Europe, literally hundreds of them all within a few afternoon hours. Sometimes, depending on the atmosphere, they form a massive block to the sun, other times barely at all. But jet aircraft are more economical and efficient at high altitude, because of lower air density and temperature. It's not going to go over big trying to stop the airlines doing what they do. If you'd all like to fly the Atlantic low and slow at 5000 feet in a noisy rattling prop job, and take 13 hours to do it, I'm sure it could be arranged.

Remember after 911 when they grounded all the planes ?

They reckon it caused the temperature over the whole country to go up a couple of degrees. Maybe they are masking global warming as well as contributing to it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by buck

My house is directly under the flight path of aircraft coming into Kennedy Airport from Europe, literally hundreds of them all within a few afternoon hours. Sometimes, depending on the atmosphere, they form a massive block to the sun, other times barely at all. But jet aircraft are more economical and efficient at high altitude, because of lower air density and temperature. It's not going to go over big trying to stop the airlines doing what they do. If you'd all like to fly the Atlantic low and slow at 5000 feet in a noisy rattling prop job, and take 13 hours to do it, I'm sure it could be arranged.

Remember after 911 when they grounded all the planes ?

They reckon it caused the temperature over the whole country to go up a couple of degrees. Maybe they are masking global warming as well as contributing to it ?

I thought the story was that the temperature over usa went down?

like how it's warmer on a cloudy night than a clear one.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Where's the video/film of persistent contrails prior to 2000? If that's the best a debunking site can come up with then it does little to convince me they existed before then.

Anyone can fake photos.

There are one or two examples of contrails or chemtrails showing up on films. One in 'the Italian job' (the old one) can be found on YouTube. Here...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=hTG3U8CzOrSlsQSAlYCAAQ&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DMlyBY5TmGQE&cd=1&ved=0CB4QtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHeFAZdEtKlcfZGS6kIb7nqK2fRTg&sig2=ym_AIDZLrU4fY_fhNrGFDA

There is a lot of disinformation out there about chemtrails, some people who think every illness they get and every tree dying is because of chemtrails. There is Geoengineering going on though, and being kept a secret.

Personally I believe they might be normal contrails but being created purposely by flying planes into areas they know will cause clouds to form. Its all part of the manmade global warming hoax. They're trying to increase the temperature to fit the story.

If you look now they are at it, filling in the blue spaces with contrails. They will use the increase in temperature it causes as data to indicate global warming.

Edited by vResistance

There are one or two examples of contrails or chemtrails showing up on films. One in 'the Italian job' (the old one) can be found on YouTube. Here...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=hTG3U8CzOrSlsQSAlYCAAQ&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DMlyBY5TmGQE&cd=1&ved=0CB4QtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHeFAZdEtKlcfZGS6kIb7nqK2fRTg&sig2=ym_AIDZLrU4fY_fhNrGFDA

There is a lot of disinformation out there about chemtrails, some people who think every illness they get and every tree dying is because of chemtrails. There is Geoengineering going on though, and being kept a secret.

Personally I believe they might be normal contrails but being created purposely by flying planes into areas they know will cause clouds to form. Its all part of the manmade global warming hoax. They're trying to increase the temperature to fit the story.

If you look now they are at it, filling in the blue spaces with contrails. They will use the increase in temperature it causes as data to indicate global warming.

I'd be annoyed if I was on a plane to benidorm and an evil pilot thought he'd kill a couple of hours trying to make it a bit warmer in Sheffield.

Increased cloud cover reduces temperature though, by reflecting sunlight.

So if it's intentional, you'd think they were doing it to cool the planet, to combat global warming?

NASA claim contrails are a probable cause of global warming, though it does say they can also have a cooling effect. (In the OP)

NASA scientists have found that cirrus clouds, formed by contrails from aircraft engine exhaust, are capable of increasing average surface temperatures enough to account for a warming trend in the United States that occurred between 1975 and 1994."

Not that I trust NASA.

Except at night when it helps stop it radiating out into space.

---------- Post added 06-07-2014 at 17:34 ----------

So if it's intentional, you'd think they were doing it to cool the planet, to combat global warming?

NASA claim contrails are a probable cause of global warming, though it does say they can also have a cooling effect. (In the OP)

If you wanted to cool the planet, you'd want cloud cover from around sunrise and to clear around sunset. If you wanted to warm the planet you'd want it to clear around sunrise and form around sunset.

Given that qwert has been reporting the sky being clear in the morning with increasing cloud throughout the day that doesn't fit what you'd expect from a deliberate attempt to warm/cool the planet. It does fit with there being relatively little air traffic overnight and relatively more during the day.