Aircraft contrails spoiling the weather again.

Nobody is denying that contrails exist, or that they can contribute to the formation of cloud.

The only disagreement here is with your memory of it not happening in the past.

The official secrets act doesn't stop people talking, it just means they risk prosecution.

And can you imagine just how many people would need to know about this 'secret' project to spray something. Ground crews, airlines, scientists, pilots, co-pilots, delivery people, manufacturers, planners, and so on.

So why would they risk prosecution and losing their job etc?

"Ground crews, airlines, scientists, pilots, co-pilots, delivery people, manufacturers, planners,"

Do the military not have all that?

Anyway, my issue is with contrails not chemtrails. I don't want to get bogged down with playing chemtrailerist advocate. Its a distraction from a serious issue.

Yes the military have all that.

But the flights you see are commercial airliners, you could discover this very easily.

The only issue here is that you think contrails didn't exist relatively recently, when in reality they did. The only reason there would be more of them today is a moderate increase in the amount of air traffic.

Nobody is denying that contrails exist, or that they can contribute to the formation of cloud.

The only disagreement here is with your memory of it not happening in the past.

I realize this, but its something that seems to go largely unnoticed. Many that have noticed seem to end up in the chemtrails pool, full of some very paranoid people it must be said. I can understand their paranoia to some degree, it made me wonder what's going on, I've just not jumped to the same conclusion. I think its because there are more planes flying, and flying higher than they used to. But then I haven't really delved into the contrail theories, if I do and think there might be something in it I'll start another thread.

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 09:41 ----------

Yes the military have all that.

But the flights you see are commercial airliners, you could discover this very easily.

The only issue here is that you think contrails didn't exist relatively recently, when in reality they did. The only reason there would be more of them today is a moderate increase in the amount of air traffic.

How do you know the flights I see are commercial airliners though? They fly too high to tell.

Can remember seeing vapour trails since the '60's.

That's because The UK started it's geometric engineering in the late 50's ;)

....................................Ready Steady Go!!!!

Edited by mrs brady

That's because The UK started it's geometric engineering in the late 50's ;)

....................................Ready Steady Go!!!!

<Puts head in hands> ooohhh no!

I realize this, but its something that seems to go largely unnoticed. Many that have noticed seem to end up in the chemtrails pool, full of some very paranoid people it must be said. I can understand their paranoia to some degree, it made me wonder what's going on, I've just not jumped to the same conclusion. I think its because there are more planes flying, and flying higher than they used to. But then I haven't really delved into the contrail theories, if I do and think there might be something in it I'll start another thread.

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 09:41 ----------

How do you know the flights I see are commercial airliners though? They fly too high to tell.

Use this and check for yourself

http://planefinder.net/about/

That's because The UK started it's geometric engineering in the late 50's ;)...............Ready Steady Go!!!!

Geometric?

Are you referring to these experiments?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/aug/30/sillyseason.physicalsciences

"On August 15, 1952, one of the worst flash floods ever to have occurred in Britain swept through the Devon village of Lynmouth. Thirty five people died as a torrent of 90m tons of water and thousands of tons of rock poured off saturated Exmoor and into the village destroying homes, bridges, shops and hotels.

The disaster was officially termed "the hand of God" but new evidence from previously classified government files suggests that a team of international scientists working with the RAF was experimenting with artificial rainmaking in southern Britain in the same week and could possibly be implicated.

Squadron Leader Len Otley, who was working on what was known as Operation Cumulus"

…........

That article was published in 2001 so it does show these things do happen, or at least have in the past and be kept secret for a long time.

Is it really implausible they could be purposely creating cloud cover for some reason?

Is it really implausible they could be purposely creating cloud cover for some reason?

Yes. Because basically the only thing all the research and experimentation has proven is that it takes a massive amount of work and energy to make any discernible impact on the weather and atmosphere. And even if you do make an impact, the effects are unpredictable.

In other words, it's pointless trying. It's more productive to pay people to burn money using matches.

Yes. Because basically the only thing all the research and experimentation has proven is that it takes a massive amount of work and energy to make any discernible impact on the weather and atmosphere. And even if you do make an impact, the effects are unpredictable.

In other words, it's pointless trying. It's more productive to pay people to burn money using matches.

I'm sure they knew all that before conducting the tests but it didn't stop them testing. They are valid reasons to keep any further experiments secret though.

When it comes to military spending, money, time and energy seems to be no object.

If they think they can save the planet by Geoengineering I don't think funds would stop them. Look at how many billions they've spent on wars.

Yes I know contrails, have been around for a long time. its these persistant contrails that I don't remember ever seeing before circa 2000.

Another thing though, are you sure that is an original photo? It looks like an artists impression.

And just to note I didn't see any persistent trails yesterday or so far today.

Edited by qwert

Yep, there are well document accounts of interceptors using persistent contrails to find enemy bombers during the second world war.

And there are plenty of photos of WWII contrails after fighter engagements and the like - like this one - http://www.allmystery.de/i/t10a943_Contrails.jpg

Here's one by Ansel Adams from 1953 - http://depletedcranium.com/aarailsandjettrails.jpg

I think the image I posted above has been cleaned up, rather than painted, but there's no shortage of pics of heavy bomber hi-alt contrails - http://acepilots.com/archives/Photos/b17-contrails.jpg

I think what you're noticing is an exponential large increase in civilian airliner traffic. Passenger numbers have more than tripled since 1970.

Contrails, under the right conditions, have always been persistent.

Edited by Phanerothyme