Route of Sheffield 120 bus service

Hi. I cannot understand the people who make the route for the Sheffield buses. My moan is about the 120 route. All the market traders in the new market are complaining and leaving because of lack of custom. To my thinking the 120 from Crystal Peaks could split there is one service provided from First and the other from Stagecoach. Would it not make sense for one to go down Granville Road and past the new market and the other continue down the route they go now, then meet up at the old T J Hughes store. Then at the other end (Crystal Peaks) couldn't one go down the route it goes now and the other past the new Asda store and again meet up at Crystal Peaks. Surely I'm not the only one to think of this, it is quite clear the planners haven't. I just hope they read this.

They cant route every single bus down past the market. The 123 goes past it, if that helps.

No I know all that but this bus covers all Frecheville, Hackenthorpe, Birley and quite a few more areas just outside the city.

No I know all that but this bus covers all Frecheville, Hackenthorpe, Birley and quite a few more areas just outside the city.

Well it boils down to not every route being able to be diverted, simple as that really.

If people are that desperate to get to the market from those areas, change to a 123 at Manor Top or something.

If the 120 was to go via Moorfoot it would miss out the bus and rail stations.

The 120 is not the only route from Crystal Peaks into town - there is also the 42, 44 and 123, all of which serve Moorfoot.

Alternatively the 120 also serves West Street (as does the tram) which is only a short walk away from Moorfoot.

There is also the option of buying a day ticket and changing onto one of the many other buses that serve the Moor.

Click this link to download a PDF of the South Sheffield bus map which shows the options: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=17179871614

Edited by Andy C

The 123 broke down coming back over manor yesterday tea time.

The driver never said sorry or anything.

I hope he`s out of a job this morning the ignoramous.

The 123 broke down coming back over manor yesterday tea time.

The driver never said sorry or anything.

I hope he`s out of a job this morning the ignoramous.

Hardly his fault, is it?

All the market traders in the new market are complaining and leaving because of lack of custom.

No they're not. Even if they were it would hardly be the fault of one bus route not being changed to serve Moorfoot.

If the 120 was to go via Moorfoot it would miss out the bus and rail stations.

The 120 is not the only route from Crystal Peaks into town - there is also the 42, 44 and 123, all of which serve Moorfoot.

Alternatively the 120 also serves West Street (as does the tram) which is only a short walk away from Moorfoot.

There is also the option of buying a day ticket and changing onto one of the many other buses that serve the Moor.

Click this link to download a PDF of the South Sheffield bus map which shows the options: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=17179871614

Firstly I am not talking about about leaving Crystal Peaks, I mean people getting there from Frecheville, Birley and the top end of Hackenthorpe. Secondly if you read it again I said one, either First or Stagecoach to go the way they go now, bottom of Duke Street, rail station and bus station, then carry on past The Cathedral and on its way. The other one, again either First or Stagecoach to go down Granville Road, Queens Road, The Market and on Arundel Street, until it gets to the end and then up past The Cathedral the same way as the other bus and carry on as it goes now. It seems so simple to me.

---------- Post added 17-06-2014 at 18:32 ----------

No they're not. Even if they were it would hardly be the fault of one bus route not being changed to serve Moorfoot.

My idea of changing is two fold, not just for the market traders but for customers also to enable them to get there without a lot of messing about, after all it looks like The Moor is going to be the place of the future to shop but if you can't get there without a lot of messing about you might as well stay at Crystal Peaks. I cannot understand the problems this change would make.

My idea of changing is two fold, not just for the market traders but for customers also to enable them to get there without a lot of messing about, after all it looks like The Moor is going to be the place of the future to shop but if you can't get there without a lot of messing about you might as well stay at Crystal Peaks. I cannot understand the problems this change would make.

A lot of messing about would involve a less than 10 minute down Fitzwilliam Street from the 120 bus stop round the corner on West Street. People should be able to manage that if they've come all the way from Frecheville, Birley and Hackenthorpe. Or they could get off on High Street and walk up Fargate and Pinstone Street and do some shopping on the way to and from the market.

Your idea of shopping seems to be to involve making the least physical effort. It's not that hard to do a bit of walking. People who shop at Meadowhall have to walk about on the inside of it and I haven't heard of many dying from the effort.

Yeah, why don't all the buses go to all the places?

:loopy:

Plenty if buses to get you to the market. Why change something that is not broken? And the 120 route isn't broken. The only thing achieved by changing it is confusing people.