Street disorder and fighting Page Hall 11.30pm 14/06/14

I have been reading with interest on this topic of 'street warfare in Page Hall' . Interesting posts from a wide range of people.

To the locals that are affected on a nightly basis. May I suggest some advice.

1)Why don't you create a petition and present it to the Sheffield Council in a full Council meeting ? If your petition generates 5000 signatures it would automatically trigger a public debate by the full Council ? This would get you the necessary exposure you require.

(I can assist you with creating a petition form and will assist you in presenting the petition if so required.)

Unless your collective voices are not heard and repeatedly heard to the correct individuals then unfortunately your concerns and frustrations will simply remain.

2) Why does a local person from Page Hall not contest for the next Councillor election in Burngreave ? If so many local people are struggling to survive in Page Hall then collectively if you could put a nominated person forward who is aware of the issues being faced and support him or her surely that would help your cause ?

Otherwise nothing productive comes out of these debates and eventually we start blaming key stakeholders in an area for the problems and nothing changes. Residents blame tenants of a certain ethnicity or landlords. Tenants blame landlords. Landlords blame local council for hindering them when they wish to evict them and the fact they are paying £1000 licence fees. Landlords also blame the many takeaway shops in the area open till late encouraging gathering on streets. Tenants also blame residents for not allowing them the right to have private enjoyment of their property and the vicious circle continues.

Just wanted to add some positive suggestions that may help people find a way forward.

EVERY country should retain the right to refuse entry to anyone they dont want there ,

That wont suit the tiny minority with big voices on here,,,, they really donmt like being wrong

shoot them we a watter cannon we red die in then kic them out

I have been reading with interest on this topic of 'street warfare in Page Hall' . Interesting posts from a wide range of people.

1)Why don't you create a petition and present it to the Sheffield Council in a full Council meeting ? If your petition generates 5000 signatures it would automatically trigger a public debate by the full Council ? This would get you the necessary exposure you require.

(I can assist you with creating a petition form and will assist you in presenting the petition if so required.)

Unless your collective voices are not heard and repeatedly heard to the correct individuals then unfortunately your concerns and frustrations will simply remain.

2) Why does a local person from Page Hall not contest for the next Councillor election in Burngreave ? If so many local people are struggling to survive in Page Hall then collectively if you could put a nominated person forward who is aware of the issues being faced and support him or her surely that would help your cause ?

Otherwise nothing productive comes out of these debates and eventually we start blaming key stakeholders in an area for the problems and nothing changes. Residents blame tenants of a certain ethnicity or landlords. Tenants blame landlords. Landlords blame local council for hindering them when they wish to evict them and the fact they are paying £1000 licence fees. Landlords also blame the many takeaway shops in the area open till late encouraging gathering on streets. Tenants also blame residents for not allowing them the right to have private enjoyment of their property and the vicious circle continues.

Just wanted to add some positive suggestions that may help people find a way forward.

Many thanks for this interesting post...

The ones that I've had the misfortune to live near to for over one year ticked all those boxes.

Have you lived next-door to any of these Roma Gypsies?

And there's got to be a lot more than 2000 Roma Gypsies in Page Hall :nono:

The figure of 2000 is the official number that moved into the area, which doesn't include the thousands of kids they've breeded since moving in, does it?

They've even had to build a new primary school to accommodate them.

Sorry Joker, but they have been here for a couple of years, I don't think even they can be pregnant for a lot shorter than 9 months.

Why because I live in one of those cheap rented properties and have done for 9yrs...Show me a nice Semi close to all amenities that I can rent for £400 pm..and keep pets !!!!!!!!!!But close to firth park We like being near family...

cheap rented properties tend to be in areas with issues for a reason love.

Then how the hell is this eurotrash able to run their vehicles.

Because they have.... jobs?

My parents have lived in page hall for over 30 yrs, when we their children have said let's move to a better area the reply is that page hall is a good area it's the riff raff being anti social that need to move.

I agree with my parents, why should they move from a place they call home because some newcomers decide that they are not going to play by the rules and do as they please?

IMO the trouble causing newcomers are the ones that need to get their acts together and start integrating.

The Roma community workers are just in it for the money just like the ones the local school took on as assistants who ended up robbing the school laptops.

I speak facts because I'm down there everyday as I lived there for 30 yrs and I am aware of what is going on in the area.

I understand the Roma are a persecuted people but once here they should realise that there are some things that are not acceptable.

I try my best to point out what is wrong if I see it happening and usually it works but there is a few who just don't give a monkeys.

I am not saying that there aren't any issues with integration of the Roma, I am saying that the proposed solutions are rubbish, your parents are right, it is (should be) a nice area. The only way to resolve the issue is by stimulating investment in the area. I believe you are one of the house-owners in the area, have you considered working together with the other landlords to tackle the low-rent issue and gradually work it up to a point where it won't attract those that purely rent on price-tag?

Try selling your house in the Page Hall area in order to finance a deposit to move to another area.................... IMPOSSIBLE !!!!!! :loopy:

If you can't sell it, you can let it. Seems there are plenty of people interested in living there recently :)

Lived in the area for over 40yrs LOVE never had any issues..We would move to a one bed house WHERE ARE THEY.At a rent we can afford....We have a lovelly house and garden WHY should we move!!!!!

Edited by lyndyloo

Many thanks for this interesting post...

Agreed. Good points.

Lived in the area for over 40yrs LOVE never had any issues..We would move to a one bed house WHERE ARE THEY.At a rent we can afford....

Sorry, didn't mean to upset you with the use of love.

Here is a list of recent vacant properties to rent in Sheffield.

You might have to pay a bit more a month, but if it gets you out of the "warzone" than that is a price you will have to pay.

You might have to pay a bit more a month, but if it gets you out of the "warzone" than that is a price you will have to pay.

We are PENSIONERS ..It WASN'T a war zone !!!! and my Daughters live close by..

why is a Dutch person living heer and telling us English what to do?

Excellent constructive post, but, our council is dominated by Labour and Lib Dems, ie people who don't give a toss about the localised effects of mass immigration on communities and fully subscribe to the open borders agenda.

And, as far as I know (I know I'll be corrected if I'm wrong), EU nationals can vote in both locals and European elections, meaning the area has been gerrymandered with EU migrants who will vote for pro-immigration parties (absolutely by design as was Labour's intention to import Labour voters).

more expense put upon people because of the effects of immigration :roll: