British Movement in Sheffield

You are my new favourite poster.

Mine too.

The leaflet was entitled "how immigration ruined the uk" or words to that effect, as the grandchild of an Irishman and German woman I suppose my dad and his 3 brothers, and their total of 2 sons and 1 daughter and 1 grandchild, all of who have lived in the uk all their lives were part of the problem.

I apologise.

I will probably have to apologise too as part of my ancestors were Irish immigrants who settled in Wales and came to Sheffield.

Or maybe we should be apologising for these dispicable human beings who are handing out the leaflets who unfortunatly frequent this country of ours.

The main reason I fear for my childrens' future is that so many people have been mugged into blaming immigration for the ills we face. Meanwhile they're blind to the destruction of decent jobs and working conditions. We're a country of McJobs, zero hours contracts and millions of working people so badly paid they need benefits. It's not immigrants that cause that. It's greedy millionaires and their politician mates.

Wake up, mugs.

Seconded... thirded and fourthed

They were here last year, just after the edl first turned up. The leaflet they were handing out then was disgusting racist nonsense. I asked one of them when this glorious england was before immigration ruined everything for everyone and he said "I dunno, about 1867". Wow, how specific, i thought. Seriously these guys probably couldn't even spell EDL. I reckon the EDL won't let them join as they are too stupid so they revived an old racist group that was thought to have disappeared in 1983. Anyone silly enough to question 'lefties' for speaking out against these idiots is kidding themselves. It's pretty clear. British Movement

For Ousetunes.

Careful my friend.I had to apologies for labelling some people as "nutters."

NB .I still stand by my apology to people with mental health challenges.

As far as i can remember, there's a law against incitement to race hate.The law could be applied to the activities of the BM. With out getting into a philosophical debate as to the limits of "Free Speech." You can find that fascist have been denied a platform and physically opposed in the past .

As far as free speech is concerned. I'm sure the moderators of this Forum would not allow the Forum to be used to incite race hate. Consequently they would censor any posting construed as inciting race hate-and rightly so,in my opinion. My personal position- vis-a-vis fascist groups- has been to stop them from organising. For instance in:Lewisham, Liverpool,Manchester and Preston. (NNB,Not by myself !!.But with a load of other people).

Edited by petemcewan

The main reason I fear for my childrens' future is that so many people have been mugged into blaming immigration for the ills we face. Meanwhile they're blind to the destruction of decent jobs and working conditions. We're a country of McJobs, zero hours contracts and millions of working people so badly paid they need benefits. It's not immigrants that cause that. It's greedy millionaires and their politician mates.

Wake up, mugs.

Well said mate

Wake up, mugs.

If i ran a business with staff i wouldnt want to be carrying loads of staff on guaranteed hours contracts either because you then have problems getting rid if work drops off and you are stuck with a big wage bill . Zero hours contracts are the way forward and enables employers to avoid carrying wage bills . This is nowt new.......... employment agencies have always worked this way , ie, no guarantee of how many hours work you have or how many weeks work you have .

If i ran a business with staff i wouldnt want to be carrying loads of staff on guaranteed hours contracts either because you then have problems getting rid if work drops off and you are stuck with a big wage bill . Zero hours contracts are the way forward and enables employers to avoid carrying wage bills . This is nowt new.......... employment agencies have always worked this way , ie, no guarantee of how many hours work you have or how many weeks work you have .

Similarly, if I was working for a business, I wouldn't want a zero hour contract as I need to buy food and pay rent, and, if hours drop I could lose my home.

It is actually new- regardless of how employment agencies operate, proper employers used to have to agree to a set number of hours of work- this enabled said employees to have the basic security necessary to rent a room/home, know they could afford things like food, pay their bills, raise a family etc.

Just to let Sheffielders know. The racists are out handing out leaflets today with the usual tripe about how we are being invaded by the 7 Rumanian people that have come to live here since we opened the border. Also that we are spending £2 million a month on translation services.

They are near McDonalds and the various coffee shops.

They are a group from Heckmondwyke West Yorkshire so clearly dont get out much.

:loopy:

7?

Racism?

This is just total nonsense. If you want to see more than 7 romainians go to a "massage parlour". Im sure its full of them all paying zero tax btw

---------- Post added 16-06-2014 at 13:46 ----------

The leaflet was entitled "how immigration ruined the uk" or words to that effect, as the grandchild of an Irishman and German woman I suppose my dad and his 3 brothers, and their total of 2 sons and 1 daughter and 1 grandchild, all of who have lived in the uk all their lives were part of the problem.

I apologise.

Moronic post.

Clearly you have to make distinctions within the term immigrant.

We can no longer have open boarders and a city the size of sheffield added every year. Its obvious

Guest makapaka

7?

Racism?

This is just total nonsense. If you want to see more than 7 romainians go to a "massage parlour". Im sure its full of them all paying zero tax btw

Moronic post.

We can no longer have open boarders and a city the size of sheffield added every year. Its obvious

What are the distinctions then?

7?

Racism?

Moronic post.

Yep. All this immigration is disgusting. We'd be far better spending the money we 'waste' on 'immigrants', teaching our natives how to use the Queen's English correctly instead.

Yep. All this immigration is disgusting. We'd be far better spending the money we 'waste' on 'immigrants', teaching our natives how to use the Queen's English correctly instead.

Oh of course that famous English woman The Queen whos husband is a Greek and whose family are German.

Thereby proving my point about the anti-immigrant retoric that you fail to realise we are probably all immigrants. Just some of us here before others.