Advice about a holiday in turkey please.

Don't know the might of Turkey, that's a good one.

Watch and read the news OP, that's all I can tell you.

My Bold

Tell me how good it is, i can tell you not any country would interfere with them that includes the us, i should check what you are saying before posting, you are posting things about Turkey i have not heard anything about them regarding the trouble out there,'enlighten me'?

Dont let this poster put you off go and enjoy yourself. there is NO trouble in Turkey

Dont let this poster put you off go and enjoy yourself. there is NO trouble in Turkey

I don't have to put her off, the very real evidence in the media which shows and states that the horrendous violence in Iraq as we speak poses a very serious risk to those in Turkey. It's not my opinion, it's in the news. CNN, SKY news, no opinion required.

It would seem that the only person concerned for the OP's safety is me. Shocking!

If you are the only person that is correct, i rest my case.

If you are the only person that is correct, i rest my case.

You've rested your case on the fact that I'm obviously the only one who watches the news. :hihi:

You do realise that Turkey is next to Iraq right? The current trouble in Iraq poses major security risks to Turkey and Iran. This thread is literally hilarious. Watch the news more please before you go risking your life unnecessarily!

Oh my goodness.

Isnt there some sort of conflict going off in turkey at the moment though? I`m not really clued up on this sort of thing :huh:

Not really & it's well away from any tourist areas. There are some Kurd separatists & there's a conflict in Syria & Iraq which border Turkey, but Turkey is a big country & there's no chance of it getting anywhere near any tourist resorts.

It's a nice place, have a good holiday.

We are in Turkey at the moment and enjoying a lovely time as we have done for many years and there is no sign of any trouble, concern or mention of possible fall out from outside sources. After over 20 years of holidays here we have many Turkish friends,yes the staff of restaurants can be very persistent in wanting your custom, in many cases we have found this gives way to humour and jokes when passing them regularly, the Turkish people are friendly and sincere. Do not be afraid to holiday in Turkey, the only advice we would give is choose a resort more on the less commercial side,and do, do, try and see the many wonderful things to be seen here.

Don't go this year or any other year, it's an awful place!! I've been to many different countries and it's the only one I would never return to.

The constant pestering can be intimidating and feel quite threatening, it's like being in a 3rd world country most of the time, the lack of cleanliness in many areas repulsed me.

Spend your money in a much wiser way and choose somewhere else, especially for your first time abroad.

This is the UK Foreign Office site https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey

I have travelled to a lot of non tourist places there and have been welcomed, my fears would be earth quakes. I have been there when there were minor quakes and the locals were outside before I realised what was happening.

For my first visit abroad I'd rather go somewhere which the worlds media weren't currently saying on a daily basis has a very serious and heightened chance of terrorism. Probably just me being over cautious eh.

1) ignore coutts. He talks rubbish

2) go and make your own opinion. Personally, like most people on this thread, i think you will love it!

1) ignore coutts. He talks rubbish

2) go and make your own opinion. Personally, like most people on this thread, i think you will love it!

Do you have a TV? Can you use your remote and turn on SKY News, can you use your eyes and ears? If so, watch and learn, then we can discuss who's talking rubbish.