Companion for my lab

I have a neutered male lab I'm looking for a friend for him about two years old.

I went to look at a male lab but it just wanted mate with him . Question what would be the best companion for my dog ? Male or female ?

A speyed female Labrador would be best. If you contact Sheffield Labrador Welfare they might have something suitable.

Thanks will have a look

Have a look at the Rain Rescue website. There are some lovely dogs in looking for a home.

Don't know if male or female makes that much differance i would just look for one that fits in. You can get dominace in both sexes. As Hystryonyx says go look at rescues, that way you can meet other dog's with your dog an see how they are.

Yeah I will, mine is choc lab so he's a bit bonkers so I'm definitely going to have introduce him to see if they can cope with him he's just desperate for another dog to play with .

Good luck and don't forget we like to see pic's of a happy ending.

Ive got two labs, male and female.

Finding a lab at the park to play with would be a LOT less hassle! Trust me!..;)

He seems lonely though, and he puts most dogs off playing with him because he's so bouncy (he's 18months) and he is very clingy to me. So I thought a 2-3 year old friend would be be good for him.

There's a 5 year old black lab on gumtree at the moment & he looks lovely.poor thing :(

---------- Post added 18-06-2014 at 09:22 ----------

There's also a golden lab female on their too.

Yeah I saw the 5 year old but it says he's strong on the lead which prob means he pulls plus he's not neutered the other ones gone . All the males I've rung up about are not neutered which is properly why they are getting rid about 1 or 2 years old when they can't cope with their behaviour :roll: . The one I looked at when I asked owner if he had been done the guy said oh I'd never do that . But the lab was huge uncontrollable and intent on getting its way with my male lab and it pulled like a steam train . Then he said they had another child on the way and could not cope with it anymore .

Edited by rubydo1

I would ring up lab Welfare - we have an old foster with them at the moment and they did a great job of matching us and supporting us throughout. They kennel their dogs just near Penistone.