Would Iraq be better off if Saddam was still in charge?

Go back and read your post number 38.

Oh...and I do get this freedom of speech lark...and I can spell it. I'm not normally a grammar nazi but I do believe you made a remark earlier about my intelligence.

I had no hopes about how this thread would go. I can fully cope with opinions that oppose my own.

However, when someone is talking utter tripe and bigoted phobic nonsense out of place I will attack that view!

It doesn't even come close. You are starting to sound more and more like some pathetic loser trying to prop up a sinking thread. You would have more chance of saving the Titanic with a coffee cup. Insults and grammar checks don't save this thread. The problem in the middle east is down the the Islamists poisoning the region.

---------- Post added 14-06-2014 at 22:14 ----------

No, they had a whole other set of problems.

That's a gigantic piece of ignoring history, right there. The Middle East has been a wonderland until we messed it up. :rolleyes:

Islamists have been invading lands and imposing their religion on pain of death for more than 1000 years.

Edited by tonkatoy

It doesn't even come close. You are starting to sound more and more like some pathetic loser trying to prop up a sinking thread. You would have more chance of saving the Titanic with a coffee cup. Insults and grammar checks don't save this thread. The problem in the middle east is down the the Islamists poisoning the region.

---------- Post added 14-06-2014 at 22:14 ----------

Islamists have been invading lands and imposing their religion on pain of death for more than 1000 years.

Bigoted, ill informed, and still avoiding the question I asked when shown up to be rabid and confused by the facts!

Try not to let your mind wander. It's too small to be let out on its own!

Bigoted, ill informed, and still avoiding the question I asked when shown up to be rabid and confused by the facts!

Try not to let your mind wander. It's too small to be let out on its own!

Once more you feel the need to resort to insults because you cannot back up your pathetic thesis. You lost it from the start. You are just making yourself look more and more out of your depth in adult company.

The trouble in the middle east is ultimately Winston Churchill's fault. Apparently it is because of him Royal Navy warships and submarines switched from being fuelled by coal to oil; the US followed suit, oil was then used for all sorts of other things too, and so began western interest and meddling in Middle eastern affairs which continues to this day.

What size chimney did the subs have .

That would depend how deep they went.

It seems odd that if it was an outsiders fault that the locals seem to have a passion for fighting amongst themselves.

Once more you feel the need to resort to insults because you cannot back up your pathetic thesis. You lost it from the start. You are just making yourself look more and more out of your depth in adult company.

Answer the question!

South Africa might be better off with Apartheid still in operation. But that doesn't mean that it SHOULD still be in operation. Saddam had to go. There was bound to be a massive **storm of conflict after he was deposed, there's a reason why someone like Saddam came to power in the first place, and stayed in power after that.

I don't always agree with you, but I do now. Finely put.

Bizarrely Tony Blair is now blaming the crisis in Iraq on us not intervening in Syria 3 years ago.

:huh:

I'm confused.

He wants Assad deposed because he's a dictator, yet many of the people fighting Assad are the extremists who have now flooded into Iraq

This is his confused and contradictory essay about it. In one breath he condemns Assad and says we should oust him and in the next breath he says the real enemy is Islamist extremism. I think he's lost his marbles.

I'm confused.

He wants Assad deposed because he's a dictator, yet many of the people fighting Assad are the extremists who have now flooded into Iraq.

One of the problems in Syria is that the uprising against Assad wasn't Islamist at first. When the fight started it was a genuine democratic voice - but that time has passed and Islamist fighters with much more experience have taken over the movement.

That reason is also why Iran allies itself with Assad, and also why Russia is unwilling to sacrifice him - because it'll be a mess dealing with the repercussions.

Similiar happened in Egypt, where a genuine uprising got swallowed up by the Muslim Brotherhood. Then you need the tyranny of the army again to clear up the problem, and everyone is back in exactly the same position they started in. Trapped between either religious or military despots.

Islam has been around for years, it's only recently that we have all this strife in the Middle East that started with the west sticking its nose in to impose western democracy.

No it isn't, islam was formulated in 632AD and specifically created to alt the spread of christianity. The spread of islam westwards was halted in 732AD at the battle of tours. Interestingly christianity reached what is now the UK 300 years before islam was created.

Iraq may be better in a sense that there would be less anarchy but is brutal law better.

Everywhere would be better without billions of people believing in fairy tales. Religion hasn't got a shred of evidence but billions believe. I despair at the absolutely ridiculous beliefs which they all have. You just couldn't make it up (but they did). Flying horses blah blah blah. No one knows the truth its that simple, there may be a super alien running our lives but the specifics, got to wear this cant eat that is absolute and utter drivel. Its so obvious but getting into debate with religious people is pointless, thousands of fairy tales but only theirs is true. They believe it with all their hearts and its fine but the problem is imposing it on others, the source of most world conflicts.

:hihi: I knew the way that I worded my post it looked like I was saying that subs were using coal, but I hoped no one would pick up on it, but you did. Thanks for that. :|

:hihi:

What I meant was Royal navy ships were powered by coal before switching to oil, then later these new fangled subs were powered by oil too.