Would Iraq be better off if Saddam was still in charge?

:hihi: I knew the way that I worded my post it looked like I was saying that subs were using coal, but I hoped no one would pick up on it, but you did. Thanks for that. :|

:hihi:

What I meant was Royal navy ships were powered by coal before switching to oil, then later these new fangled subs were powered by oil too.

I found your post amusing and it has sent my imagination into over drive thinking of the smoke rising from the sea and even the stokers in the engine room in what is already a very hot environment .

Cheers :)

I see that Iran have offered to join in the party now.......

Apart from the times when Islam didn't kill everyone, like here.

Crude statements don't help. They're the path of foolishness.

"year 20 of the Muslim era, or the year 641 AD, Muhammad's successor the Caliph 'Umar decreed that Jews and Christians should be removed from all but the southern and eastern fringes of Arabia—a decree based on the (sometimes disputed) uttering of the Prophet: "Let there not be two religions in Arabia". The two populations in question were the Jews of the Khaybar oasis in the north and the Christians of Najran.[7][8] Only the Red Sea port of Jedda was permitted as a "religious quarantine area" and continued to have a small complement of Jewish merchants"

I wonder what they meant by the term removed? Perhaps they meant removed as in 911 victims or 77?

---------- Post added 15-06-2014 at 15:50 ----------

An Iraqi woman friend of ours who has family over in Iraq says life was better under saddams rule.

I have said it before, western style democracy doesn't work everywhere so maybe if we stopped trying to impose it on Eastern countries we wouldn't have the problems we now see in Iraq.

Except it was the West who put Saddam in charge, so what your friend is saying is that things were better under Western intervention and directly contradicts your own views. Some friend.

"

Except it was the West who put Saddam in charge.

Are you sure the West put him in charge? I researched this info'-------------

During the next two years Saddam became an important leader within the Baath Party. In July 1968, when the Baath Party again gained power, Saddam was made vice-president.

Over the next decade, Saddam became increasingly powerful. On July 16, 1979, the president of Iraq resigned and Saddam officially took the position.

"year 20 of the Muslim era, or the year 641 AD, Muhammad's successor the Caliph 'Umar decreed that Jews and Christians should be removed from all but the southern and eastern fringes of Arabia—a decree based on the (sometimes disputed) uttering of the Prophet: "Let there not be two religions in Arabia". The two populations in question were the Jews of the Khaybar oasis in the north and the Christians of Najran.[7][8] Only the Red Sea port of Jedda was permitted as a "religious quarantine area" and continued to have a small complement of Jewish merchants"

I wonder what they meant by the term removed? Perhaps they meant removed as in 911 victims or 77?

I suspect there are more muslems in israel than there are jews in Iraq,Iran and Pakistan put together.

now the ISIAs chaps are exeucting Iraqi soliders..... good on the Liberal left for making it happen

now the ISIAs chaps are exeucting Iraqi soliders..... good on the Liberal left for making it happen

Where as the rightwing jackboots and the cabinet' very own Geofrey Boycott (William Hague) wanted to arm al qaeda in syria ...

BTW I pinged your address lol

What are the International Ski Instructors Association doing in Iraq?

Where as the rightwing jackboots and the cabinet' very own Geofrey Boycott (William Hague) wanted to arm al qaeda in syria ...

But didn't.

I found your post amusing and it has sent my imagination into over drive thinking of the smoke rising from the sea and even the stokers in the engine room in what is already a very hot environment .

Cheers :)

Coal fired submarines had retractable funnels and before diving the furnace was extinguished and the funnel retracted. The first submarine ever to fire a live torpedo was a coal fired submarine which was part of the Ottoman naval fleet.

But didn't.

Yes and we all knew why it didn't happen and what's worse is the clown is still pushing for action against Assad even now

What are the International Ski Instructors Association doing in Iraq?

teaching peopple to ski...are you that dumb Mr Tomato