Would Iraq be better off if Saddam was still in charge?

Coal fired submarines had retractable funnels and before diving the furnace was extinguished and the funnel retracted. The first submarine ever to fire a live torpedo was a coal fired submarine which was part of the Ottoman naval fleet.

Well I am still fascinated ,how did the sub resurface without a running engine.

The crew ate a lot of sprouts.

To say that Iraq would be better off or not under Saddam Hussein is a bit crazy since a lot of information/news was subdued under his regime.

To say that Iraq would be better off or not under Saddam Hussein is a bit crazy since a lot of information/news was subdued under his regime.

How do you know it was subdued and by whom ?

Is any news subdued now and if so by whom ?

You are probably right. There is no doubt that Sadam was happy to kill his own people with whatever means were at his disposal.

To suppose that Iraq would be better off under Sadam seems to ignore the fact that Islamists are attacking most other countries in the Arab world. No doubt they would be attacking and killing the Iraqi population as they are in the other countries. The only thing that has changed in Iraq is the government isn't killing them as well, and when there aren't Islamists attacking the country schools and welfare programs seem to make the effort to benefit the population as a whole rather than Sadam and his cohorts.

An Iraqi woman friend of ours who has family over in Iraq says life was better under saddams rule.

I have said it before, western style democracy doesn't work everywhere so maybe if we stopped trying to impose it on Eastern countries we wouldn't have the problems we now see in Iraq.

Yet I can recall watching a live TV debate, before the invasion, with quite a number of Iraqi people living in the UK (some due to experiencing persecution under the Saddam regime) taking part. They were expressing deep concerns about the suffering and executions happening there at the time, and pleading with our government to intervene.

We can't seem to win can we, damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Anybody can be portrayed as what ever you want to portray them as if you know they wont be around to correct the record.

There is no news that was more controlled than ours.They bombed al jazeera several times to stop the truth coming out.When bombs didnt work they gave them a slot on sky which then abled control to be applied and they still have their own channel.

theres always 2 sides to a story....

Of course there was no interest in the oil,strangly the first thing that was targetted in all the wars then and since.

You must have used a pressure cooker, once the water is boiling and the pot in under pressure, you still get steam out of it even when the power is turned off, think along them line but on a much larger scale. Later developments were the use of compressed air and batteries for use whilst they were under water. They used the coal fired steam engines on the surface which gave them a reasonable range, and compressed air or batteries once they submerged.

You must have used a pressure cooker, once the water is boiling and the pot in under pressure, you still get steam out of it even when the power is turned off, think along them line but on a much larger scale. Later developments were the use of compressed air and batteries for use whilst they were under water. They used the coal fired steam engines on the surface which gave them a reasonable range, and compressed air or batteries once they submerged.

Cheers buddy ,I am now clear [while staring at the cabbage stain on our kitchen ceiling]:)

Yet I can recall watching a live TV debate, before the invasion, with quite a number of Iraqi people living in the UK (some due to experiencing persecution under the Saddam regime) taking part. They were expressing deep concerns about the suffering and executions happening there at the time, and pleading with our government to intervene.

We can't seem to win can we, damned if we do, damned if we don't.

So many lies told around this time though. Remember the babies being tipped out of incubators lie, not to mention WMDs. We can't know these pleading with our government to intervene were not more of the same. Anyway what they meant by intervene wouldn't necessarily include bombing the crap out of the country, killing thousands of innocents in the process.

I really don't know what question you think you asked that I didn't answer. Perhaps if you tried English it might help. Assuming of course you actually understand it.

I'll assume that you are an idiot who started a thread and blew his cool because he didn't get the answers he hoped for and so reverted to insults and name calling. Actually I'm pretty well informed on the subject which clearly you aren't. I think it is you who is the troll. Perhaps they brainwashed you from an early age.

Re my bold!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I've just read your contributions to this thread again...hahahahahahahahahahaha!