What do I do about my Kindle

My kindle has gone berserk and only shows half a page. Has anyone had the same problem and if so how did you get it sorted?

Mine had a blank page. I just used a pin in the reset hole and everything came back to normal. Worth a try if nothing else.

There is absolutely no need to need to follow 'amberleaf's advice and tell lies.

Try hagrid's suggestion in #2 and if that doesn't work, just contact Amazon and complain - describe the problem. They will either tell you how to correct it, or if not, they will more than likely replace it for you free.

My son's Kindle screen cracked when he put his hand on it a bit heavily - he rang them, told them honestly what happened and they couldn't wait to give him a new one. When the new one went a bit weird (only half the screen showing) they replaced that, too. They make all their money on downloads, not on the appliance itself, which costs them pence.

Edited by aliceBB

If you're not in warranty they won't do anything. Suck it up they're cheap enough.

If you're not in warranty they won't do anything. Suck it up they're cheap enough.

I disagree. I've known them replace Kindles after the first year, especially when the owner has threatened to ditch them altogether.

Mine had a blank page. I just used a pin in the reset hole and everything came back to normal. Worth a try if nothing else.

This advice helped me, thanks. Mine was quite old, so I thought it had died on me. I stuck a pin in the hole where the little green light comes on, not expecting anything to happen, and it recovered. So it is worth trying.

Mine broke when the little lad dropped it, got a new screen off ebay for £22 and it took ten minutes to replace.