Manvers Road pavements

What do people think about the condition of Manvers Road, Hillsborough? especially the pavements and super soft tarmac !! that is being walked into peoples houses ....

Are the pavements finished? maybe its the recent heat that's having an effect.

Thoresby Road is exactly the same but I don't believe they have been completed. Work is being carried out in Walkley Lane at present, perhaps Amey intend to do all the final layers together?

No they have not been finished, an absolute mess, talk about trip hazard !!

No they have not been finished, an absolute mess, talk about trip hazard !!

Watch where you are walking and you'll be fine :)

My road had the pavements base course put down about a month ago and it was a little sticky for a day or so which meant walking on the road itself was preferable. If anyone trips over whilst the work is only part done then they're obviously not being very careful, I have a friend who is completely blind and they seem to manage okay although a bit more care may be neded

Watch where you are walking and you'll be fine :)

Yeah right, as we speak, compo chavs from all around are heading for Manvers road, prospecting. :hihi:

Are the pavements finished? maybe its the recent heat that's having an effect.

Manvers and Thoresby are very lucky to get work done. Take a look at Morley St still old stone pavements. Trip hazards the full length of the road. Promised new pavements by the mid 1980s still not done. The only through route on that side of Walkley Lane and it has heavy foot traffic due to Rivelin school. The date for renewal 2016. You guy's have nothing to complain about.

Yes pavements done around s6,with a slurry mixed poured down and the leveled over with a big squeegee, looks a bit rubbish and the weeds are coming back through now,also got footprints in all over as they blocked people in by doing there front and back paths at same time,said it took half hour to dry,but more like a day,

Manvers and Thoresby are very lucky to get work done. Take a look at Morley St still old stone pavements. Trip hazards the full length of the road. Promised new pavements by the mid 1980s still not done. The only through route on that side of Walkley Lane and it has heavy foot traffic due to Rivelin school. The date for renewal 2016. You guy's have nothing to complain about.

Why won't they do Morley street?its terrible.i see everyday a child falling on them.also very slippery in winter!

Why won't they do Morley street?its terrible.i see everyday a child falling on them.also very slippery in winter!

For some reason it in the next phase of works (2016).

I emailed the council last year about the horrible flag stones and the amount of foot traffic Morley St carries, also the road surface is falling to pieces in some places.

They replied and did confirm we are on the 2016 list.

2016!!!wow....not long to wait then!...in my opinion Morley street should of been one of the first to get done!shame it's going to take them that long to do it.maybe we should start a petition to get it done sooner!