Standard cooker or hob ok for a caravan?

We've bought an older caravan and we're trying to update it. There's an old hob and oven in but it needs replacing, can I just go to Currys and buy one or do I have to go to a caravan shop :huh:

hi iv got a caravan so yes you do have to go to the caravan shop as it will be suited to calor gas I had the same problem in my first caravan we bought normal cooker and had to have it altered for calor gas so save yourself money and go to proper shop

Please don't skimp money on the cooker, as someone who experienced carbon-monoxide poisoning on our boat (I only realised what was going on when one of the guests was being sick in their sleep and I had a cracking headache) I can also advice you to invest a fiver on a carbon monoxide alarm regardless.

Please don't skimp money on the cooker, as someone who experienced carbon-monoxide poisoning on our boat (I only realised what was going on when one of the guests was being sick in their sleep and I had a cracking headache) I can also advice you to invest a fiver on a carbon monoxide alarm regardless.

Thanks tzijlstra, no worries we've no intention of skimping:) we've had CM in our house for years, also got one in this van sorry to hear about your problem, sounds like you were very lucky

---------- Post added 12-06-2014 at 13:56 ----------

hi iv got a caravan so yes you do have to go to the caravan shop as it will be suited to calor gas I had the same problem in my first caravan we bought normal cooker and had to have it altered for calor gas so save yourself money and go to proper shop

Thanks nannyH, yes I thought that would be the case, just checking..:)

For good advice on caravan topics and more try ukcampsite.co.uk

For good advice on caravan topics and more try ukcampsite.co.uk

Thank you :)