Where to fish the river trent at gainsborough

anyone know of a place where i can fish and park car near the bank . as the wife cant walk far and also where to pay to fish.

Have you tried contacting neville fickling's fishing tackle shop which is in gainsborough?

Torksey is really convenient.

You can fish the Trent, or for really easy access there's Torksey lock, on the canal. It's all Near the black swan pub (the pub does food, too, so you can get something to scran when you are 'watterlicked' :);) lol )

Take the A1133 left after Dunham Toll bridge, through laughterton past the golf course, to the caravan and camping shop near the little London camp site, the black swan pub is opposite the camping shop, and the Torksey lock is just over the road, with toilets etc. it's approx 4 1/2 miles on from the bridge.

Edited by Plain Talker
It's the a 1133 not 1138

You can fish the Trent, or for really easy access there's Torksey lock, on the canal. It's all Near the black swan pub (the pub does food, too, so you can get something to scran when you are 'watterlicked' :);) lol )

Take the A1133 left after Dunham Toll bridge, through laughterton past the golf course, to the caravan and camping shop near the little London camp site, the black swan pub is opposite the camping shop, and the Torksey lock is just over the road, with toilets etc. it's approx 4 1/2 miles on from the bridge.

that sounds great can you park at the lock and where do you pay

thanks

its a while since we had a caravan at torksey but we used to pay on the bank. but it was rare for anyone to come round its good fishing if you catch the tide right

that sounds great can you park at the lock and where do you pay

thanks

When you get to Torksey Lock you'll see a pub called the White Swan at the side of there is a little lane to Walts farm, you have to pay him for the parking I think. as you get up the lane be careful because there is a pond that you can't see until you get to the top of the little hill and a caravan park. past the pond is a big gate which is the access to the Trent. We have a caravan at Laughterton but it's about a mile down the road from Walts farm. Don't think you can park at the lock and even if you did it would be a fair walk to the fishing. You are not allowed to park in the pub car park either as there are notices up and that would be a fair walk to the fishing anyway. We'll be down there this afternoon about 3pm

---------- Post added 13-06-2014 at 06:48 ----------

It's the White Swan PT. The Mucky Duck used to be in Sheffield LOL :hihi::hihi::hihi: Little London is a Chalet Park now, it's gone upmarket. You are right about the pub though it does great food and it's not expensive either

Edited by denlin

Hope he dint go on Saturday, there was a bikers rally at the Polish camp site and 200 bikers went to the Swan for food :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Hope he dint go on Saturday, there was a bikers rally at the Polish camp site and 200 bikers went to the Swan for food :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Not Wozwolf? I thought that was held August bank Holiday week?

i would have liked that ,was hoping to go this thursday but got to go to the doctors:thumbsup:

I'm also wanting to fish the trent as i grew up fishing such waters but not sure where to fish now, dont have any issues with regards parking or walking but safety of car and not getting jumped by Gypsys would be good if any 1 has any ideas? Sometimes fishing the same old carp lakes gets a bit boring

I'm also wanting to fish the trent as i grew up fishing such waters but not sure where to fish now, dont have any issues with regards parking or walking but safety of car and not getting jumped by Gypsys would be good if any 1 has any ideas? Sometimes fishing the same old carp lakes gets a bit boring

You will be OK for car/personal safety at Torksey but Walt does charge for parking if you want to fish the Trent. We have had our caravan a mile down the road from there for seven years and there has never been any issues like that. It's a lovely place :D