Rawson Spring Hillsborough New Beer Garden on the Weir

I saw a planning notice yesterday for the patch of cleared land at the old bridge works on Walkley Lane. It looks like the plan is to turn it into a spectacular outdoor bar area and beer garden. :thumbsup:

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=N1AY04NYFY000

I have often thought that it would be a good location for a bar and, I guess, this is probably a fairly temporary use until the land is developed in a more lucrative way but at least it's not a derelict site.

I saw a planning notice yesterday for the patch of cleared land at the old bridge works on Walkley Lane. It looks like the plan is to turn it into a spectacular outdoor bar area and beer garden. :thumbsup:

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=N1AY04NYFY000

I have often thought that it would be a good location for a bar and, I guess, this is probably a fairly temporary use until the land is developed in a more lucrative way but at least it's not a derelict site.

Wow that is good a superb idea.

Be good for heron watching. There is often one wading there

That sounds like a great idea. I'm just relieved it's not the sort of area where you are likely to get loads of drunken blokes lobbing glasses into the river all day long. It'll be more of your Pimms/G&T crowd in gentrified central Hillsborough these days.

That sounds like a great idea. I'm just relieved it's not the sort of area where you are likely to get loads of drunken blokes lobbing glasses into the river all day long. It'll be more of your Pimms/G&T crowd in gentrified central Hillsborough these days.

Hahaha...that is so funny!:hihi:

The beer garden is already quite big, surprised they need that much extra space - especially considering you only get so many weeks a year use out of it.

Two beer gardens directly opposite each other could cause issues as well....

I hope this happens.

The application already has provisional approval. I guess they'll be aiming to get it done prettty quickly unless they're hoping to use it next year. Seems they've missed the boat a bit with the world cup 'n all.

---------- Post added 12-06-2014 at 23:20 ----------

Can't be any worse than all the broken glasses left on the street outside the riverside/masons. Looks like there'll be a railing set back a bit from the edge of the weir and a wall to the Walkley Lane side.

Currently looking over the new area from the pub itself, looks good. Shame summers over and spring will be the first time when it'll used. Oh well roll on spring.

Some time ago there were signs up that someone was going to build a ridiculous amount of flats on there? I believe it was 47 or something :o.

Seems to me it is a great place for a beer garden though, I wonder if there is a way to get from the Rawson to the pub on the bridge planned as well?