Getting into rother valley

Just looked on then travel website and it says the quickest way is a bus to killamarsh leisure centre and then a half an hour walk which would be difficult as I'm planning on taking small children, I'm wanting to get to the child's playground bit anyone know of an easy way to get to it?

thanks

You can get a bus to the top end of killamarsh (Norwood) but not sure which (seen it on my way to my sisters) but then it's still a long walk down the entrance road but would take less time than getting off at leisure centre especially with small children.. There used to be a bus 264 that went passed the entrance but not sure if this still runs, been years since I got a bus lol x

Get a bus to here you can walk the rear entrance.

Edited by Hal9001

Cotact SYPTE I seem to remember in the summer buses actually ran to just inside where the golf club is ( I think)

Get a bus to Crystal Peaks, then the SL3 to Killamarsh. Ask the driver to put you off at Grant and McAllins car showroom. Then, if you face the showroom, walk to your left, you will see the gate down into Rother Valley. Just walk down the hill, under the arch and you are there

Get a bus to Crystal Peaks, then the SL3 to Killamarsh. Ask the driver to put you off at Grant and McAllins car showroom. Then, if you face the showroom, walk to your left, you will see the gate down into Rother Valley. Just walk down the hill, under the arch and you are there

Isn't that the wrong side of the lake?

Going through the Sheffield entrance is recommended because the walk the other way doesn't go down a proper path and the back entrance as it were is the wrong side to the cafe but its only a short walk and a nicer one...

There isn`t a "wrong side", it`s just at the opposite side to where the cafe etc is, but it`s a nice walk round to it

Its opposite the park, but it is the shortest walking route into RV to get to the playground. From the playground to the cafe is another 50% of the first walk.

The walk from the entrance nearer to Wales and Killamarsh is quite a walk for children(and some adults tbh).

http://www.rvcp.co.uk/published/25/resources/Images/rvcp/Watersports/MTB%20Trail%20map%20resized.jpg

If the link works, Grant and Macs is the Halfway entrance,the swings are shown on the map.

Edited by willman