Do scrap men take fridges?

If you light candles in them you can recycle them into pretty nifty ovens.

They're also handy for storing hazardous chemicals such as uranium 238 and slug-pellets. :)

Someone does. I put one at the end of my drive and it went overnight!

Don't be so daft!

They'll take owt that's not theirs:hihi:

They rip out the motor to weigh it in and leave the rest on some poor saps property, then the council enforcement officers make the landowner pay for removal.

The really ironic ones strip the fridge on the driveway and leave the rest where it sits for the lazy owner to sort out properly.

Yes they probably will and after they've removed the compressor (releasing the dangerous CFC gas in the process) they will leave the shell dumped down some country lane. Then some poor kid will come along and climb in it and when it tips over and the poor kid can't get out........

Best phone the council and ask them to come and get it.

How's your conscious?

Best thing is to smash the door off then throw it on some country lane.

Just used this company today to remove my old cooker, very professional.Stated they'd be there within the hour, and they were My neighbour noted that I'd had my oven removed, and asked for details of company- she 'phoned them, and they were there within 30 minutes to remove her old washer etc.

However, their website states that legally, they are no longer able to collect fridges or freezers.

Best thing is to smash the door off then throw it on some country lane.

Then what ya gonna do with the fridge. :huh::hihi:

On a similar note, is leaving a fridge out on your street classed as tipping?

There are 3 out on our street and 2 have been there for weeks.

Surely it's obvious that the scrapmen aren't going to take them

If it's on the street then it's fly tipping, if it's on your driveway or in your garden then it's not.

People should take some responsibility for their waste and organise a properly licensed person to come and take it away.

Leaving it out for random 'scrapmen' is completely irresponsible, as others have said the waste won't be disposed of safely and may end up with the parts they can't sell being fly-tipped somewhere.

Leaving things out on the street should be classed as tipping and anyone who does it should be fined :mad:

I HATE fly tipping! :rant:

You should either take your fridge to a waste recycling centre or get Veolia to collect it, it only costs about £20.

Alternatively some retailers will take away old appliances when you buy a new one.

Then what ya gonna do with the fridge. :huh::hihi:

:hihi::hihi: