Boarding kennels recommendation

Has the holiday season is here I wanted to reassure anyone thinking of using boarding kennels for their pet that The Hollows at Woodhouse is very good. I have two 3 year old border collies that came from same litter which I learned after getting them isn't a good idea! They have been to the hollows 3 times now and I have to admit I was worried at first about leaving them cos they can be a handful but when I retuned to pick them up I need not have worried Dot had obviously interacted with them while we were away and it was obvious to see them with her that they were comfortable with her. I wouldn't leave them anywhere else and had I had any doubt I would have rather cancelled/not had a holiday than have left them so I am extremely grateful to dot that I can leave them in her care and not have cause to worry.

ive used theese kenels before i no longer do as i have someone who watches my dog in her home for me now but if i wasent so lucky to have so i would definatly use her again my dog was lovley and clean and happy when i collected her .... the year before the kenels i left her in she stunk to high heaven and sempt depressed for days

recomended deffo x

Yes I totally agree with you I wouldn't leave them with any one else Dot is extremely good with the dogs and clearly makes sure they are well cared for and more important is how the dogs are with her that convinces me it the best place to leave them when we have a holiday or break and if I wasn't happy with the kennels Id rather forsake the holiday but thankfully while ever dots able to have them I'm more than happy to leave them in her care.

Hollows kennels is very good or Croft Farm kennels they also provide home boarding as well in the house. I would steer clear of Sandy Lane Kennels as they have lost dogs in their care.

---------- Post added 13-06-2014 at 16:58 ----------

Also Anston kennels is very good too

I agree Hollows Kennels is a great place - and Dot is fab! :D We took our reactive boy there last year for an overnight stay and whilst the place is a bit noisy, he was ok. Dot is great with the dogs, and she evidently cares very much for their welfare.

My concern was bit for the noise and the number of dogs; so we found a smaller and slightly quieter kennels who were equally as good called Birchwood - it's a bit of a drive for those in Sheffield.

These were the only two places I have been impressed with in terms of cleanliness and handling of the dogs - for us that is important for a nervous/reactive dog! Also neither of these had resident dogs roaming free to wander up to the kennelled dogs!

Hollows kennels is very good or Croft Farm kennels they also provide home boarding as well in the house. I would steer clear of Sandy Lane Kennels as they have lost dogs in their care.

---------- Post added 13-06-2014 at 16:58 ----------

Also Anston kennels is very good too

Hi ParkyJ,

I read that post last week when you wrote it, and felt really panicked as, at the time you wrote it, my two were in Sandy Lane for the first time! Happy to report they both came back hale and hearty and very well.

For anyone interested, I used Sandy Lane as one of my dogs is dog-aggressive, and when I visited before we booked I liked the layout and approach there. They weren't phased by my boy's attitude problem, and were kind and knowledgeable. On the morning that we were due to collect them, his old racing injury started playing up. They contacted me and my emergency contact straight away, and were available to take him to the vets if that's what was needed.

The kennel staff had clearly spent a lot of time with my dogs, as when we picked them up they talked about their weird, idiosyncratic ways and seemed to really "know" them. There's one staff member there especially who loves and knows lurchers and greyhounds.

It's not easy to kennel dogs, but I think I'll be using Sandy Lane again.