Help with water pressure Needed Please.

Is there any plumbers out there please.?

I have in my home a KingKraft rise and fall Bath with one big leaver tap for Left Hot" Right cold" the leaver tap has become very stiff indeed to the point i have to use both hands to realy yank it round.

Now they are saying the water pressure is causing the Leaver tap to be so stiff

and needs a pressure reducing valve fitting and they are wanting to fit the valve under the sink but the problem is in the bathroom or so they say.

1. will the reducing valve stop my washing machine filling to its potential.

2. will it affect the combi boiler in my kitchen which is at the side of the sink.

3 would there be no issues at all no matter were the reducing valve goes.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated and thankyou.

ps. my washing machine is on 2/3 times a day with having a totaly dependant

son, X

he leaver tap has become very stiff indeed to the point i have to use both hands to realy yank it round.

The water pressure is a constant !! If the lever tap WAS NOT stiff and it is now stiff then it has nothing to do with the water pressure (IMHO). It is more likely to be a problem with a deteriorating washer which is much cheaper to fix.

No there wasnt a problem with the taps befor they have gotten stiffer as time has gone on

Can i just say this is the second leaver tap which has been put on since end of November last year when the bath was installed. Thank you for your reply Heavenlyarts.

I have extremely high water pressure, with 5 lever taps in the house, I have no problems with pressure on any of them.

You can test the hypothesis by turning the water off at the mains and then turning it on slowly (with a tap running) allow the tap to only run slow !!!, the water pressure is now restricted. If still a problem then it's not the pressure

What was the reason the first tap was removed? If you don't mind me asking.

Was it a replacement for the exact same brand/model tap?

Also who is it that has told you that it is a pressure issue and not a fault with the tap?

Tap got replaced because of the same problem ok for a week or 2 then goes very stiff.

It was Kingkraft what said it needed a pressure reducing valve as the pressure was causing the tapto go stiff.

---------- Post added 11-06-2014 at 14:35 ----------

Tap got replaced because of the same problem ok for a week or 2 then goes very stiff.

It was Kingkraft what said it needed a pressure reducing valve as the pressure was causing the tapto go stiff.

Yeah same type modle of tap was used

I would be tempted to get a plumber to check the tap itself before having any other work done.

Have kingkraft been to check the water pressure or is that just a guess on their part?

I'm assuming there will be a charge for them fitting the valve so maybe get a second opinion.

I would be tempted to get a plumber to check the tap itself before having any other work done.

Have kingkraft been to check the water pressure or is that just a guess on their part?

I'm assuming there will be a charge for them fitting the valve so maybe get a second opinion.

They are comming out at 9am in the morning to fit the valve ( kingkraft ) They carnt think of anything else it could be whats causing the tap to be stiff other than water pressure,

Thanks for your help. x

As mentioned above, if you turn the stop **** slowly to the off position you are in fact reducing the water preasure with out the need of some fancy Valve, If the prob. still continues then it's not the preasure that's causing it, saving you the cost of the valve etc.

**** - the true name for the stop tap, is a stop c***

As mentioned above, if you turn the stop **** slowly to the off position you are in fact reducing the water preasure with out the need of some fancy Valve, If the prob. still continues then it's not the preasure that's causing it, saving you the cost of the valve etc.

**** - the true name for the stop tap, is a stop c***

Thankyou Itrytoplease and everyone else ill have a good talk to them befor i even consider having the pressure reducing valve fitted.

Always use a licensed or registered plumbing practitioner

Sorry to hijack this but I also have water pressure issues, only in the bathroom not the kitchen. It takes an hour to run a bath with sufficient hot water. We live on a hill. Is there anyway we can speed it up?