Only one problem per visit at the doctors

The problem is Oaps... They go for a chat! Take half hour to answer one question. So they only give 10min per appointment.

And how do you know this??

my docs recently started this ten min rule and on my last visit after discussing a change in meds i asked him about another problem then for the first time in 45 years i was told my time was up! i asked him why and he said your only allowed 10 mins i looked at my watch and told hin that as i was 4mins late in being called into see him that i had 4mins left [i'v seen to many docs to be intimadeted ] he looked at his watch and said can't you book another appoiment why when i have 4mins left ok says he what is it i explain and am given meds i can only think that this is related to money as docs are now a cash cow run for profit paid by you and me

my docs recently started this ten min rule and on my last visit after discussing a change in meds i asked him about another problem then for the first time in 45 years i was told my time was up! i asked him why and he said your only allowed 10 mins i looked at my watch and told hin that as i was 4mins late in being called into see him that i had 4mins left [i'v seen to many docs to be intimadeted ] he looked at his watch and said can't you book another appoiment why when i have 4mins left ok says he what is it i explain and am given meds i can only think that this is related to money as docs are now a cash cow run for profit paid by you and me

thats disgraceful...

So what happens, does the doctor say sorry you have had one consultation book another appointment? Or do you just try and book two at the same time?:confused:

So what happens, does the doctor say sorry you have had one consultation book another appointment? Or do you just try and book two at the same time?:confused:

The doctor pointed to a notice on the wall and said "sorry, we are only allowed to discuss one problem per visit, please make another appointment for your next problem"....then the doctor asked which was my most major complaint and she would deal with that on this occasion :huh:

The doctor pointed to a notice on the wall and said "sorry, we are only allowed to discuss one problem per visit, please make another appointment for your next problem"....then the doctor asked which was my most major complaint and she would deal with that on this occasion :huh:

You seriously need to find a different doctor.

There's no such rule at my doctors.

There's also no appointment necessary. You simply walk in to reception and ask to see the doctor.. The only stipulation is to be seen in the morning surgery you have to be there by 10-45am.

Similarly there is a cut off time for arriving for afternoon surgery.

It'sa general rule at GP's. You need to ask for a double appointment. Good luck with getting one :hihi:

..................the 'late old school ' doctors must be turning in their graves. The recent giving a diagnosis over the phone is a recipe for disaster.

And how do you know this??

Amberleaf808 obviously knows a GP, or spies on OAP's.

Ye gods, I normally go in with a list!

In January I went to the doctor to check on blood tests,there were 6 of them! I think if there is a problem they let me know ,which has happened before.

PS all were clear,so was there any need to take any of them?

What happened to the good old personal service you used to receive from your GP?!

What happened to the good old personal service you used to receive from your GP?!

I think they call it progress...