10% of the NHS budget spent on diabetes

Oooh the caring face of the NHS.

No, no one should be refused treatment for anything. No one should be refused life saving or prolonging drugs because they cost a few pence more a day than some pen pusher thinks they should allow.

'Support' and 'encouragement' - nice words - pity they are followed up by such a vile suggestion.

Do you think people want to be fat?

And your simplistic post proves you know very little about the obesity epidemic.

The main part of the problem is 'fatcist' thinking, like in your post. Fat people tend to stick two fingers up at it, and rightly so.

Make the drinkers who fall over on a saturday night pay for their care first, and the ones who 'trip' over the pavements, make them pay out of their 'compo', and the ones who knowingly do stupid things, like going hiking in flip flops! - stop picking on the fat, find some other victims to bully.

Oh, and don't forget the anorexics, after all, that's self-inflicted too.:loopy::loopy:

Your infantile use of icons speaks volumes.

Stick to bullying anyone who disagrees with you on the bike race thread (you have more than one user name) and leave this discussions to the grown ups.

Stick to bullying anyone who disagrees with you on the bike race thread (you have more than one user name) and leave this discussions to the grown ups.

Once again, you prove you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Please feel free to provide a link to whatever garbage you are talking about.

I get it now, you actually think that if more than one person thinks you're a lunatic then they must be the same one! Please seek help, hopefully the NHS still helps people with paranoid delusions and hasn't decided to exclude them on your say so. :hihi::hihi:

Edited by Mr Bloom

What's you problem mate ?

Struck a raw nerve ?

Daven has proved to have a wealth of knowledge about all things medical .

His opening post asked a question - one to open the debate.

Chill out man :rolleyes:

Struck a raw nerve ?

see above.

and , no, I won't chill out. I believe people who have such a simplistic view of obesity and suggesting witholding care to large groups of people in this country have no place anywhere near our NHS. It's frightening.

I get it now, you actually think that if more than one person thinks you're a lunatic then they must be the same one! Please seek help, hopefully the NHS still helps people with paranoid delusions and hasn't decided to exclude them on your say so. :hihi::hihi:

It's clear you have either mental health or anger issues - I feel sorry for you and would advise you to seek help.

Struck a raw nerve ?

Do you mean 'am I fat'? Yes, I am. Have you got a problem with that too?

---------- Post added 14-06-2014 at 15:54 ----------

It's clear you have either mental health or anger issues - I feel sorry for you and would advise you to seek help.

It's clear you haven't an ounce of originality. People with mental health issues don't need pity, by the way.

Do you mean 'am I fat'? Yes, I am. Have you got a problem with that too?

Oh dear..................

Oh dear..................

Oh dear what?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9580442/Diabetes-cases-to-rise-by-700000-thanks-to-obesity-epidemic.html

As requested - just in case any of you are remotely interested in the facts.

Edited by Daven

I totally agree with Mr Bloom. He might have come across a bit strong, but he obviously feels strongly on the subject.

It does seem as though a certain section of the crowd on here feel the need to stick the boot in on the poor, fat, smokers, addicts of any kind. It's pretty pathetic to be honest. Either there's a lot of squeaky clean, perfect people in Sheffield, or there's a lot of bull s**t flying around.

I'd hazard a guess that it's the latter!

---------- Post added 14-06-2014 at 17:03 ----------

Oh dear what?

Someone agrees with Daven.......They must be the same person!

Firstly, it was a question - not a statement.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Diabetes-type2/Pages/Causes.aspx

Read and learn

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/About_us/News_Landing_Page/Diabetes-and-obesity-rates-soar/

And this http://www.diabetes.co.uk/body/testosterone-and-diabetes.html

There is a link between Type 2 diabetes and low testosterone levels but your figures are way off.

those links are 19th century we have come a long way since then even to one U.K doctor claim? he as NEVER had one to get type 2 that he caught before that he treated with hormone shots one of the main tests was done at Sheffield uni I am 80 with good weight and have cut down my insulin shots by 75% BY INCREASE MY HORMONE LEVEL WOOPS still hiting wrong keys:thumbsup::thumbsup:

those links are 19th century we have come a long way since then even to one U.K doctor claim? he as NEVER had one to get type 2 that he caught before that he treated with hormone shots one of the main tests was done at Sheffield uni I am 80 with good weight and have cut down my insulin shots by 75% BY INCREASE MY HORMONE LEVEL WOOPS still hiting wrong keys:thumbsup::thumbsup:

'Those links' are 2014.