10% of the NHS budget spent on diabetes

That makes ir OK for all the salad dodgers to say its not thier fault then

Have you been on here under another username Se7enhills? You remind me of someone familiar.

Have you been on here under another username Se7enhills? You remind me of someone familiar.

no why should i change a name?

Abandon the NHS.

Other countries do quite well without such an organisation. People should take out comprehensive forms of insurance re accidents and emergency and extend the cover to their personal circumstances and activities.

And what happens to the poorest of society who can't afford insurance ?

Reopen the workhouses ?

Since many of those suffering with Type 2 diabetes do so due to obesity and considering that it is mainly avoidable and reversible - should those who are overweight have more support and encouragement to improve their diet and take more exercise and be refused NHS care until they do so ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27712381

Let's deny smokers treatment. Let's deny treatment of jay walkers that stupidly walk into the road and get run over (would you have denied Jazzy Chan treatment if it meant her life could be saved?).

Where do you draw the line, sir Dave?

Let's deny smokers treatment. Let's deny treatment of jay walkers that stupidly walk into the road and get run over (would you have denied Jazzy Chan treatment if it meant her life could be saved?).

Where do you draw the line, sir Dave?

No let's not.

I asked a question to start the thread - it's called 'inviting debate'.

And what happens to the poorest of society who can't afford insurance ?

Reopen the workhouses ?

Well what are fat people supposed to do under your proposals, Daven, eh? Do you propose reopening the workhouses for them? Anorexics too? Or is it just fat people that offend thine eye? There's a word for people who were prepared to threaten/withdraw health and even the right to life based on appearance.

Well what are fat people supposed to do under your proposals, Daven, eh? Do you propose reopening the workhouses for them? Anorexics too? Or is it just fat people that offend thine eye? There's a word for people who were prepared to threaten/withdraw health and even the right to life based on appearance.

What 'proposals' are these exactly?

I asked a question to promote debate on an article in a national newspaper .:confused:

My comment about the workhouses was in relation to those who would not be able to afford insurance should the NHS not exist.

Edited by Daven

What 'proposals' are these exactly.

I asked a question to promote debate on an article in a national newspaper .:confused:

You have made your ill-informed and prejudiced stance on the obese clear in this thread, hence the responses you have received, and rightly so.

You continue to avoid questions you don't like and accuse those that take issue with your posts of having some sort of personal vendetta against you, so I don't believe your motivation is in 'promoting debate'.

You have made your ill-informed and prejudiced stance on the obese clear in this thread, hence the responses you have received, and rightly so.

You continue to avoid questions you don't like and accuse those that take issue with your posts of having some sort of personal vendetta against you, so I don't believe your motivation is in 'promoting debate'.

Provide evidence of this accusation.

Aparantly there's a fine line between 'promoting debate' and trolling!

Provide evidence of this accusation.

Why don't you provide evidence of yours first, as asked posts ago? You really are a bully. Well you've met your David on this thread.

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 17:30 ----------

Aparantly there's a fine line between 'promoting debate' and trolling!

It seems so, Bonzo77.

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 17:37 ----------

My comment about the workhouses was in relation to those who would not be able to afford insurance should the NHS not exist.

I have just noticed your edit ie the above adjunct to your post.

What are fat people supposed to do if they can no longer rely on the NHS? Are we going to have workhouses for the fat? That will be interesting, what sort of work do you think us subhumans will be able to do?

Afraid finances still come into it. Meat is a lot more expensive than processed food, and still comes loaded with hormones and chemicals. Vegetables are also laden with chemicals and stuff unless you buy organic, and that comes at a price.

The food we eat these days is a disaster waiting to happen, maybe obesity is part of it.

You are misinformed. There are no hormones pumped into meat in the UK and organic fruit and veg can be just as laden with chemical residue as non-organic... organic doesn't mean no pesticides are used but rather refers to the origin of the pesticide. Rotenone was a rather popular one until recent years.

jb