Would anyone like to teach me to knit?

Hi

I'd really like to learn how to knit and I wondered if anyone would like to come to my house or meet somewhere else once a week or so for a couple of hours and teach me. I'll buy whatever you tell me I need and/or am happy to pay you. Alternatively, are there any groups out there that offer beginner knitting classes. I'd like to attend the class at Straight Curves but I don't drive and couldn't really get there.

Hi

I've has no responses on the knitting forum so thought I'd post here. Apologies if that's not allowed. I'm female, 26 and wondered if an acomplished knitter would like to meet up for a couple of hours each week and teach me. I'm happy to pay in cash or coffee and would obviously buy my own materials. PM me x

---------- Post added 13-06-2014 at 08:00 ----------

PS. Sorry about the incorrect spelling in the title of this message - I hadn't noticed until I posted it and do not know how to change it - mods?

Try calling Carole at Pins and Needles in Walkley. She has regular sessions called "Knit & natter" were people meet up, and as the name suggests knit & natter. Her number is 0114 2682212.

http://www.thewoolbaa.co.uk/

Try this one too.

---------- Post added 13-06-2014 at 10:20 ----------

Try calling Carole at Pins and Needles in Walkley. She has regular sessions called "Knit & natter" were people meet up, and as the name suggests knit & natter. Her number is 0114 2682212.

http://www.pinsnneedles.org.uk/

Here's the link.

Hello

I can help you. I wouldn't class myself as an experienced knitter but i can do most projects. I also want to make more friends in Sheffield.

my email address is kelly.knight82@gmail.com if you want to get in touch. I wouldn't want paying as its something i love and will gladly help anyone who wants to knit!

Kelly

If you learn better by being shown what to do rather than looking at illustrations and instructions in book, you might want to have a look here. There are lots of knitting instructional videos there, in both English and Continental styles, from the very basics through increases, decreases and so on to more advanced techniques. I use YouTube all the time to find tutorials too. You might find the videos useful as reminders between your knitting lessons.

Check out Ravelry too, if you're not already a member.