Nutrition/Fitness website:Feedback needed

I work alongside people who are working at GP also alongside GP referral schemes.

These people are embracing the likes of people like me.

I am helping people in getting healthier incorporating fitness also.

Our products are all above board and squeaky clean.

We track peoples muscle mass..water..and body fat percentage ensuring the muscle is not lost and they are drop pining in body fat?

We are always looking at gaining muscle which In turn is boosting the metabolism.

We do this through the correct nutrition.

Would you agree with that?

I thoroughly enjoy my job in helping others and I have had some fantastic results some I believe to be life saving for some!

I'm sorry you feel the way you feel about herbalife but you want my honest opinion?

You need to stop bad mouthing it and get used to it because it is going to be around for a very long time!

There's more raters than haters.

---------- Post added 10-06-2014 at 19:03 ----------

Also I hope that doesn't sound abrupt either I'd just like you to think about my reply :)

products all above board and squeaky clean? I don't consider products containing Genetically Modified Soy, Canola Oil, MSG, artificial sweeteners e.g. sucralose, highly processed trans and hydrogenated fats, as well as artificial flavours and preservatives squeaky clean im afraid! Especially for the prices that Herbalife charge, and the detrimental physiological effects that they cause.

Industry experts in health and fitness such as Rich Sennewald, Ben Coober, D.H. Kiefer, Ben Greenfield, Matt Miller all warn against them!

And before you come back at me with...yeah but Ronaldo takes them and Real Madrid...Blah blah, If you paid someone extortionate amounts of money to pretend to take a product such as 'Seaweed extract' they will claim they do!

Alan Shearer's biggest sponsor was McDonalds, but did he ever eat it? haha I very much doubt so.

Gaining muscle boosts metabolism, yes! But meal replacement shakes for weight loss, damage metabolism and put your body in a catabolic state, hence the weight loss, but it isn't sustainable in the future. Hence why people lose weight initially when taking herbalife, but put all the weight back on and more when eating normally again.

Its more the ethical side of things, and the pyramid selling concept I have a problem with, and 'distributors' who have very little to no fitness/nutrition backgrounds, then claiming to suddenly be experts, when 3 months previously they were stacking shelves.

As long as there are gullible, naïve people looking for a quick fix, yes Herbalife will be around. Which really is a shame!

Oh dear.

Ok we can go on forever...you obviously get very ate up about it but I'd suggest personally that you keep the hatred thoughts about the products to yourself.

What will you say when you start to work with someone who is happy using the products but wants to up or introduce fitness?

Will you turn them down because you hate herbalife?

Trust me there's not many people that want fitness and nutrition courses.

Many of them can barely stick to a monthly gym pass never mind slaving over the oven 3 times a day and sourcing healthy snacks.

We are not a diet company we are a nutrition company and I'm sure you would agree if there was any harmful or damaging substances in they would definitely not be advisable.

You have had the nutrition drilled into your head over the last 5 years plus probably have a 30k uni debt round your neck and are probably suffering financially.

Hence the hatred to herbalife and successful people.

I will end on the note that I've today sighed up a Yorkshire boxing gym which have professional boxers training there that now have availability to our products and I am back out on buisnines at 6pm.

Ask the other chap to help you regarding the networking route but there's loads a herbalife members there so just tread carefully.

I wish you all the luck with your buisnines.

I have to say I've always been skeptical about any nutritional aids.

Give me fresh cooked meat/veg a nice glass of red wine (or two!) and some regular exercise...and I am a happy middle aged bunny :hihi:

products all above board and squeaky clean? I don't consider products containing Genetically Modified Soy, Canola Oil, MSG, artificial sweeteners e.g. sucralose, highly processed trans and hydrogenated fats, as well as artificial flavours and preservatives squeaky clean im afraid! Especially for the prices that Herbalife charge, and the detrimental physiological effects that they cause.

Industry experts in health and fitness such as Rich Sennewald, Ben Coober, D.H. Kiefer, Ben Greenfield, Matt Miller all warn against them!

And before you come back at me with...yeah but Ronaldo takes them and Real Madrid...Blah blah, If you paid someone extortionate amounts of money to pretend to take a product such as 'Seaweed extract' they will claim they do!

Alan Shearer's biggest sponsor was McDonalds, but did he ever eat it? haha I very much doubt so.

Gaining muscle boosts metabolism, yes! But meal replacement shakes for weight loss, damage metabolism and put your body in a catabolic state, hence the weight loss, but it isn't sustainable in the future. Hence why people lose weight initially when taking herbalife, but put all the weight back on and more when eating normally again.

Its more the ethical side of things, and the pyramid selling concept I have a problem with, and 'distributors' who have very little to no fitness/nutrition backgrounds, then claiming to suddenly be experts, when 3 months previously they were stacking shelves.

As long as there are gullible, naïve people looking for a quick fix, yes Herbalife will be around. Which really is a shame!

Without getting involved in the debate itself, and getting back to the original reason for the thread, you may have uncovered a USP ie provide a service for people that don't want such as Herbalife or who have tried it and found it didn't work for them or who want the reassurance and advice of a medical professional.

I do know a lot of Herbalife fans (who are not necessarily distributors, just customers) and a lot of people very skeptical about it - enough of the latter for you to have a business if you get out there and find them

All the best!

Trust me there's not many people that want fitness and nutrition courses.

Many of them can barely stick to a monthly gym pass never mind slaving over the oven 3 times a day and sourcing healthy snacks......

We are not a diet company we are a nutrition company and I'm sure you would agree if there was any harmful or damaging substances in they would definitely not be advisable.

So which is it and if there is not much call for diet & nutrition - how come you guys are doing so well?:huh:

Without getting involved in the debate itself, and getting back to the original reason for the thread, you may have uncovered a USP

All the best!

Agree - Customers for the OP aren't going to come from battering Joe Blow down the local networking event into signing up. They are too busy hopping from weight loss plan to fitness DVD to wellness shakes as herbalife alluded to. Customers for this venture are much more likely to be hanging around down the institute of sport.

I have to say I've always been skeptical about any nutritional aids.

Artificial solutions to man made problems? There are studies done with indigenous people like the Australian aborigines and American Indians - Historically they have been some of the healthiest people in the history of the world. Only the last 50 years have they been exposed to McD's etc and have 1st world problems like heart disease and weight gain.

BTW - On TV this morning was a case from Denmark where an obese person (it said he was 25 stone) is challenging his sacking as a child care work on the grounds that he is disabled and sacking him is discrimination. Would obviously be impactful here too under European laws.

What are the side effects of herbalife? If it was that bad 1000s of people around the world would be becoming ill. Clearly they are not.

If It was as bad as is claimed would it not be banned?

Edited by Shef_Fitness

Not sure if this helps or hinders the debate but today I met a lady who is a distributor for Forever Living Products and who is also a current, practicing GP and has no conflict between the two in her view.

Not sure how much overlap they have with Herbalife but they seem to be competitors.

Interested to hear any opinions as to whether this validates the argument for this industry

Not sure if this helps or hinders the debate but today I met a lady who is a distributor for Forever Living Products and who is also a current, practicing GP and has no conflict between the two in her view.

Not sure how much overlap they have with Herbalife but they seem to be competitors.

Interested to hear any opinions as to whether this validates the argument for this industry

For what my opinion is worth - and that probably isn't much - I don't think it really adds anything by way of validation.

'At the end of the day', the health and fitness industry - and the unregulated (yes, you read that right - UNREGULATED) sports supplement industry - are big money-spinners. Companies like those mentioned in this thread - and many others not mentioned in this thread - are not only selling their products (which of varying degrees of 'quality' and effectiveness - they're selling a 'dream'. Many people buy into the hype because they WANT to believe it... it is often clever but subtle marketing.

The company that has come in for a lot of stick in this thread is - I think - one to be avoided, not because of their products per se, I have to admit to having never actually looked at their products - but they are to be avoided because of their business model - the multi-level marketing... franchised distributors under pressure to make sales and recruit others to sign up to the programme so that they can make MORE money.

There is a lot of accessible - easy to understand - information on sports supplements out here on the 'net these days... yes, you need to sort through the chaff to get to the wheat - but it is there if you are prepared to look for it. Moreover, there are a multitude of companies that sell similar products without the 'brand' premium attached to it.

And again, 'at the end of the day', people buy into this sports supplementation thing in much the way as some people engage a personal trainer or join a gym: it makes them *think* that they're doing something positive about their health and fitness. Many of those who take supplements, who engage a personal trainer or join a gym could make bigger improvements in their health and fitness if they 'just did it'.

But what do I know... I've only been 'training' and listening to my body, observing the way my weight goes up (by up to 3 or 4 stone - i.e. 20+Kg) and down (by up to 3 or 4 stone) depending on what I'm eating, drinking and doing in terms of physical training over the last 30 years or so. I have learned a lot... I have read a lot... the fitness industry in AN INDUSTRY - a big money-spinner... you can do it the hard way or you can do it the hard way - you can't do it the easy way: personal trainers, posh gyms, expensive supplements - you still have to do it the hard way! DISCIPLINE, HARD WORK, SELF-CONTROL, CALORIE BALANCE/DEFICIT...

End of.

Edited by JohnKH

Anyone who has actually studied nutrition, reads up on nutrition and supplements everyday as their career, will know that these products are a complete sham and just all about money. All you guys ever frickin do is talk about how people can make money rather than talk about someone's actual health and relationship with REAL food that you eat.

Yeah taking a shake is definitely the way to go because food is bad and evil right?! UM HELLO. Get a grip. And you all go on about these shakes being 'clean and natural' yadda yadda when you can't even say half of the ingredients, don't even know what half of them are yourselves and what they do and um, why would they be vegetable oil in a POWDER? Every argument a Herbalife 'rep' who, by the way, has never been trained in anything to do with nutrition, they have lost miserably to the people who actually know what they are talking about because their product is a load of utter bonkers praying on people who think they the only way they can lose weight is to take a damn shake? How horrible is that? We NEED food to live, food gives us nutrients, and it is not the enemy. It is just abused sometimes for all kinds of reasons.

ANYWAY. Back to the OP's question, I'm not sure on prices for plans, they all kinda vary and obviously the bigger guys can charge more and that's more what I've seen. In terms of content, plans normally structure around fat loss, lean bulking, hypertrophy/strength and everyone loves some nice recipes with different macro splits too :)

I am afraid I don't have the time to read all the comments but I would like to say re diet. EVERYTHING IN MODERATION, and get enough exercise.

A little ''treat'' now and then and I find this works for me.

Plenty of water too.

'Tis true, the shakes and such are money making gimmicks.

The whole point of the weight loss industry is that its there to make money, if someone is selling and making a profit then whats the problem?

I tried to sell the stuff last year but failed miserably, weight loss and me don't mix. At the endof the day some people are good at selling products and good luck to them.

If everyone ate good local food and did regular training, then products along these lines would not exsist.

the fact is we live in a lazy society with people wanting a quick fix. While lazy people are out there looking for the quick fix then there will be people happy to sell the products.

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 08:07 ----------

QUOTE FROM NICKYR

Every argument a Herbalife 'rep' who, by the way, has never been trained in anything to do with nutrition, they have lost miserably to the people who actually know what they are talking about)

Id imagine the people who know what there talking about have got a 30k debt from studying and are not remotely close to earning the amount of money a good rep earns

sour grapes springs to mind

Edited by Shef_Fitness