Unusual Theft from Vehicles in Crosspool

^^

Mine does - Citroen Picasso. Works for about twenty minutes until economy mode kicks in.

If they left the cigarette butt, there will be dna....

They're not going to test for DNA, I surprised the police even attended.

What kind of person (lazy? stupid? naive? ignorant?) leaves their car unlocked in this day and age? Especially with valuables left in it?

You might as well leave it unlocked, it will save paying out for repairs if the thieves have to break in, because if they want to get into your car they will do. Just don't leave valuables in it.

Some weirdo once got caught having sex with a cars exhaust pipe.

Is this classed as "breaking and entering?" Haha!

I know somebody who did this for a 'dare' in his teenage years, never got caught though.

Police won't test for DNA unless a butt was found in the car and there was no other reason for it being there. I had a pc attend and saw my wife. He also came back the following day and discussed with me. Local officers have also attended to discuss from the safer neighbourhood team. The local Inspector and Sargent have also been in touch as there have been 3 incidents of this type on the road. Good support by SYP. Increased patrols and other measures taken.