Sign in to follow this  

Covering Letter

I'm applying for a job at Aspecto in Meadowhall and they've said they want a covering letter, what should a covering letter consist of exactly? :huh:

Cheers

I should imagine it's instead of a cv. State the job that you are applying for, why you'd be good at it and what other skills, interests, experience that you have which would be relevent to the post. A covering letter should be typed and not too long. Good luck.

I always though a covering letter was sent WITH a CV

I'm not sure. I thought it was a summary of whats in your cv, so that it makes it easier for the employer to find the information they want quickly. It may be worth checking whether they require both.

I applied for a job recently and had to send a covering letter, so I used it to show I had all the skills and interests they asked for in the advert by giving an example of each, and to demonstrate how enthusiastic I was about the job. I think that's generally what they're looking for, but I'd be really interested to hear any employer's opinions on what makes the ideal covering letter.

hi

I expect a covering letter to give me the following information:

1. Why you want the job

2. A summary of any key achievements

3. How you feel you meet the criteria for the post

4. Give any other information that may be relevant that isnt included on the cv

5. Thank them for considering the application

Obviously the depth of information depends on the level of the post that you are applying for.