Any av installers in wickersly

any one does audio video installation close to wickersly. i just moved into a house where the previous owner had tv hung on a false plaster wall so ive obviously used the same . two hdmis cables come from rear of tv into the wall and re appear on the same wall but bottom right of the wall.

it seems the second hdmi cable is faulty, i plug something else into hdmi2 of the tv and it works.

i tried pulling on the hdmi2 cable, but there is no slack at all so im not sure if its snagging on a bit of dib dab plaster ! its a 3-5m hdmi cable ill need replacing

Edited by cv65user

Davick at Brinsworth would probably be able to help.

You don't need an AV installer, more a general builder to re-run your cable then make the wall good. I'd say when he does his work try and make it so you can re-run cables yourself so enough room is left, and perhaps a draw-line. When I install such things I always leave a draw line in place for future pulls, I install with the point I may be a returning engineer, so leave it as I'd like to find it. You can get your own HDMI as you know for less than a tenner from such as Maplins.

The cheaper alternative could be to use a HDMI switch and just use the one good cable.

You can buy auto switching ones reasonably cheap like this one. Will switch automatically between devices when they are used, depending on the devices (some devices have the HDMI port permanently powered up even in standby, if more than one such device is connected it won't auto switch correctly).

Edited by steroc