A day of mixed fortunes

I went fishing after work yesterday. Whilst tackling up I realised I'd left my reading glasses, which I need for tying hooks and putting shot on, at home. I wasn't going back for them due to the traffic congestion in the area so I persevered without them.

I started off fishing maggot shallow on a fine wire 20 hook whilst baiting two pellet lines. The few other anglers present must have thought I was kissing the roach and skimmers I was catching as I held them close to my face or had my head in the landing net in order to see the hook!

A change later on to a 6mm expander on a 16 was easier and resulted in a few tench and better skimmers particularly from the margins. I fished until bad light stopped play and while I was putting the pole and top kits away I accidentally knelt on a 3rd section, snapping it clean in two!

It's gone in for repair this morning and I've ordered another pair of specs to keep in my fishing box.

a definite mixed day Charliewag! where was you fishing at ?

i was on wardsend dam ( herries road). i went again last night but i'm working today so having to miss out on such a lovely day.

Is that the 5 arches pond?

are they still taking members there ?

sorry to tell you membership has closed for this year.

sorry to tell you membership has closed for this year.

no problem I will have to join next year