Sikh warfare again in golden temple

crazy

in a ceremony to mark 30 years since the massacre of sikhs in the golden temple rival sikh groups fight each other with swords and poles Oo

just because one group wasnt allowed to speak first, there was a fight over amicrophone apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-27732780

interesting to note that apparently thatchers government was complicit in helping plan the massacre of sikh seperetists which in turn lead to the death of the prime minister of india

and later the death of over 3000 sikhs

It always seems to me, the more you try to control, crush, condemn, suppress a group of people, the more resentment you breed and eventual backlash there will be. Violence seems to be the way of people in this day and age. People feel more justified in their violent acts, if they feel they are in the right. Trouble is, everyone feels they are in the right.

anybody know what the turban colours signify?

blue and orange i believe from earlier reports

anybody know what the turban colours signify?

blue and orange i believe from earlier reports

Sikhfield United and Sikhfield Wednesday.

:hihi:

Sikhfield United and Sikhfield Wednesday.

crazy

in a ceremony to mark 30 years since the massacre of sikhs in the golden temple rival sikh groups fight each other with swords and poles Oo

just because one group wasnt allowed to speak first, there was a fight over amicrophone apparently

interesting to note that apparently thatchers government was complicit in helping plan the massacre of sikh seperetists which in turn lead to the death of the prime minister of india

Thats it,blame Maggie for everything!.....

Just kidding,blame away!:hihi:

Thats it,blame Maggie for everything!.....

Just kidding,blame away!:hihi:

And why not? She's to blame for a lot of bad things she didn't officially get the credit for.

As for the OP, he's trying to say it isn't muslims fault.

crazy

was it the sikh-uvision song contest.....like a good scrap them sikh's

And why not? She's to blame for a lot of bad things she didn't officially get the credit for.

am i?

ok

am i?

ok

Yes you are, as everyone knows

I went to the Golden Temple the year before Indira Gandhi's invasion. It was a very cool place and we were shown round for free (as all visitors are) by a very enthusiastic guide and told about all the myths and legends of their religion.

The overwhelming impression that we came away with was you don't mess with the Sikhs! Trouble was already brewing back then and there were several Sikhs sitting around with AK47s.

It was said in jest,the clue was in the :hihi:

:roll: